State Street Derivatives Operations Specialist, Associate 2 in Dublin City Centre, Ireland
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
An opportunity exists for an Associate 2 position working in a challenging environment within the OTC derivatives centre of excellence in Kilkenny. For the right candidate this represents a good opportunity to gain extensive knowledge of OTC derivatives & the OTC market supporting global OTC trading books.
Reporting to a Senior Associate, this position is an opportunity for a recent graduate or second jobber to gain exposure to and invaluable knowledge of OTC derivatives and the trade supporting functions carried out by the Derivatives centre of excellence in Ireland.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out core and complex processing activities in accordance with established procedures
- Ability to multitask, ensure accuracy and execute against pre-determined deadlines
- Perform custom work for complex funds, look for ways to standardize when possible
- Handle complex issues and escalate as needed acting with a sense of urgency
- Accountable for quality, accuracy and timeliness of results
- Train staff on basic principles of process
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Team Player
- Self-Motivated and reliant
- Uses Initiative
- Financial or Business background
- Knowledge of OTC derivative instruments is required
- Previous experience in reconciliations required
- An honours degree from a related / numeracy based discipline required
- Knowledge of or an interest in OTC derivative products (Interest Rate Swaps, Total Return Swaps, Credit Default Swaps, CFDs, Swaptions, FX Options)
- Highly computer literate with a very good knowledge of Excel
- Excellent analytical skills & attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
Preferably 1-2 years’ experience in a Derivatives/Reconciliations role.
State Street Job ID: 168363
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Derivatives Operations Specialist, Associate 2
Job ID: 168363
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Ireland - Dublin City Centre