Hire IT People, LLC Lead Computer Operator in dover, Delaware
Lead Computer Operator
Sign up for similar job alert!
Job ID :
State of Delaware
3 years ago
The Lead Computer Operator
(LCO) is responsible for the tasks associated with the leadership and
coordination of Computer Operators.
• Prepare and operate mainframe and
client/server computer systems and peripheral equipment to support day-to-day
• Detect and troubleshoot network,
computer and peripheral equipment malfunctions. Take corrective action or
escalate problem as required.
• Prepare reports and logs detailing all
• Knowledge of the components and
operation of a large-scale computing system.
• Experience with Job Control Language
utilized in modern data processing systems.
• Experience with methods, practices,
terminology, and procedures used in computer operations.
• Ability to meet deadlines and
established schedules while following detailed instructions.
• Ability to read and interpret computer
processing instructions and other detailed written and verbal operating
• Ability to analyze situations
accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
• Candidate must be able to effectively
communicate and interface, on a daily basis, with DTI and client technical and
business contacts, as required.
• This position requires shift work.
Candidates are required to work off shifts and able to fill or cover shifts
that needs proper coverage.
• AAS Degree preferred or 5 years
experience in computer operations field.
Current shifts are 5 on, 2
off, 2 on, 5 off. Every time this
pattern repeats it changes from 12 hour AM shift to 12 hour PM shift and vice
versa: 5 on (7am-7pm), 2 off, 2 on
(7am-7pm), 5 off....5 on (7pm-7am), 2 off...etc
Required / Desired
z/OS knowledge of Utilities
Windows XP and above
Nice to have
Nice to have