Penhall Company Asset Operations Administrator in DFW, Texas
Title: Asset Operations Manager
Reports to: Sr. Director Procurement/Asset Management
Summary/ObjectiveAsset Operations Manager is responsible for administration of asset management systems, asset life cycle management to include planning and coordinating of asset refurbishment and maintenance/repair systems reporting. This will include utilization and reliability of assets and planned EOL. Additionally they will manage all title, tag, and tax systems reporting internally or externally to regulatory bodies. The position acts as a technical advisor on all asset issues and assists the regional RPVs and Regional Asset Managers with capital budgeting, maintenance and utilization data.
Essential FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages and maintains accurate asset systems information and reporting.
- Provides reports and analysis on assets for maintenance and utilization actions
- Collaborates with Safety and Risk team members on asset issues.
- Manages fleet systems like GPS, Fuel Card, and Maintenance Cards.
- Collaborates with Purchasing Manager on new fleet supplier development.
- Manage the asset and refurbishment center shop staff
- Maintains a rolling production plan for shop activity and utilization.
- Codes consolidated fleet invoices for AP entry.
- Provide monthly reports to finance department as needed on assets.
- Maintains asset system I-suite with up to date data and reporting.
- Support and back up branch vehicle tag/registration staff.
- Process and document EOL/Disposal actions.
- Process and maintain records for all IRP/IFTA/2290/Use-Tax filings.
- Work with business partners to provide detailed vehicle and equipment information for Regional Asset / Fleet Managers promoting fleet utilization and reliability.
- Maintain accurate inventory records for company assets in collaboration with regional asset managers.
- Other Duties and tasks as assigned.
Qualifications Job Requirements
- 10 years operations experience and AA/BA/BS in Finance or Industrial Engineering.
- Maintenance background required.
- Asset / Fleet inventory experience strongly preferred
- Production planning and staff management experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with peers, suppliers, business partners, and leadership
- Ability to interact with internal and external business partners supporting corporate policy, standards, processes and procedures
- Proficient in understanding, analysis, and synthesizing of data to support equipment and vehicle information systems.
- Strong proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office programs, internet based applications, and Asset / Fleet Management Software
- Self-motivated, able to manage expectations, prioritize work to meet deadlines, and work under pressure in a fast paced, high energy environment
- Knowledge of federal, local, and state laws to support compliance of all vehicle related records
- Strong customer service and organization skills required
- Works well in a team environment by supporting departmental initiatives and goals.
- Provide excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have a valid US state issued driver's license and clean DMV file along with the occasional ability to travel
- Fleet Systems.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Decision Making.
- Business Acumen.
- Project Management
- Results Driven
Supervisory ResponsibilityThis position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Supervisory Responsibility This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office and Plant setting.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position. The salaried professional will work the hours required to excel in role.
Travel Some travel may be required.
Required Education and Experience
Must be able to provide strategic leadership, work with all levels of stakeholders and provide the best outcomes possible.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable) Must be authorized to work in the United States.
* * Penhall ("Company") pursues a policy of equal employment opportunity. Although our policies and practices are free from discrimination, it has been our observation in pursuing our policy of equal employment opportunity that some of society's past discriminatory practices may continue to have an adverse effect on certain groups of our population. Identification and elimination of the effects of possible past discrimination through specific remedial action are the major goals of this Affirmative Action Plan ("AAP").
We feel very strongly that equal employment opportunity is not only a legal and economic necessity, but is also an extension of our earnest desire to fulfill our role as a responsible citizen in the community. We are working to establish an environment of both social and business responsibility that responds to our employees, customers, suppliers and communities. For an affirmative action program to be successful, it must not only have realistic goal setting programs, but it must also provide measurement and evaluation factors similar to those for other major Company programs. Accountability for goal achievement is established in this AAP to assure that proper priority is given to these goals.
Our Company strives to take affirmative action to implement and to assure equal employment opportunities for qualified employees and all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, national origin; or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. This commitment includes, but is not limited to, the following matters:
- We will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, national origin; or any other category protected by federal, state or local law, except where sex or religion are bona fide occupational qualifications or where an individual's disability renders him or her unable to perform the essential functions of the job in question, with or without reasonable accommodation;
- We will base decisions on employment matters so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity;
- We will ensure that promotion decisions are in accord with principles of equal employment opportunity, imposing only valid requirements for promotional opportunity;
- We will ensure that all personnel action such as compensation, benefits, transfers, job elimination, returns from layoff, Company-sponsored training, educational tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, national origin; or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
- We will not subject applicants or employees to harassment, intimidation, threats, coercion, or discrimination because they have engaged in or may engage in any of the following activities:
- Filing a complaint;
- Assisting or participating in an investigation, compliance review, hearing, or any other activity, related to the administration of the affirmative action provisions of Executive Order 11246, section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Veterans'
- Readjustment Act of 1974 (VEVRAA), or the administration of section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 503) or any other federal, state or local law requiring equal opportunity for disabled persons or protected veterans;
- Opposing any act or practice made unlawful by Executive Order 11246, section 4212 of VEVRAA or its implementing regulations, or section 503 or its implementing regulation or any federal, state, or local law requiring equal opportunity for disabled persons or protected veterans;
- Exercising any other right protected by Executive Order 11246, section 4212 of VEVRAA or its implementing regulations, or section 503 or its implementing regulations.A detailed reporting and monitoring system of our achievements of defined goals has been established. We review the effectiveness of this affirmative action plan at least once each year.Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- From a management point of view, discrimination, however unconscious, is a waste of human resources. This Company and its management intend to ensure that this waste has been eliminated, both to further principles of affirmative action and equal employment opportunity, and to ensure the full and best use of all our employees.
- To accomplish the above aims, specific accountabilities have been established for carrying out our Affirmative Action Policy and Programs. Each official and supervisor is expected to review his or her present and future personnel policies and practices to ensure that equal employment opportunity is being actively implemented and that no employee or applicant for employment suffers from unlawful discrimination because of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or national origin, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. Each official and supervisor will be held accountable for using good-faith efforts to achieve the goals set forth in his or her area. In addition, our Corporate EEO officer has company-wide responsibility for managing diversity, human resources, EEO and Affirmative Action Programs. Should you have any questions regarding these programs, you may contact the Corporate EEO Officer, Terry Cooley, VP of Human Resources, and Corporate EEO Officer at (800) 736-4255.
Penhall Company Offers:
- A full time career opportunity & competitive wages -Affordable Medical, dental, vision & life insurance -Vacation, holiday & sick pay -401K retirement plan w/ company match -Uniforms -Mentor Program dedicated to Safety, Training & Continuous Improvement
The Penhall Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Penhall Company encourages qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled persons to apply.
Department: 900 - Corporate
Location: DFW, TX, USA
Employment Type: Full Time
Pay Type: Salary
Pay Rate: 75000-95000