AmeriGas Operations Manager in Detroit, Michigan
AmeriGas Propane is the nation's largest propane distributor, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural and motor fuel propane customers in all 50 states. AmeriGas is listed on the New York stock exchange [NYSE: APU]. For more information visit our website at www.amerigas.com
Job Summary: The Operations Manager supervises the day-to-day activities and performance of District Staff. Under direction of the District Manager, the Operations Manager ensures that employees are assigned to perform work in keeping with their position as required. The Operations Manager has the authority to hire and fire District Staff provided that he/she follows guidelines for situations requiring the review of the AD, DM and Region HR Manager where appropriate. The Operations Manager trains the District’s employees or schedules training performed by others for District employees. The Operations Manager is also a part of each District employee’s performance appraisals and engages in employee discipline. The Operations Manager title is used in Districts of substantial size or remote locations when the District Manager has more than one location. The Operations Manager title does not mean that each position is identical from District to District where the responsibilities will vary from location to location.
• Safety Management - Communicates the importance of safety to the company and reinforces a safety mindset; considers the impact on safety when making decisions • Customer Focus - Makes customers a high priority; is committed to exceeding the needs of all customers • Integrity & Trustworthiness - Demonstrates high professional and personal standards; treats people fairly and with respect • Meets Commitments - Meets safety, customer service, growth and financial objectives; is passionate about growing the business and gaining competitive advantage through simplification and driving innovative change through the operation • Communication - Listens and responds appropriately to others; articulates ideas clearly, persuasively, and concisely in verbal and written communication
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures compliance with safety codes and policies including the servicing, licensing, and repair of company vehicles and equipment; ensures employees are wearing proper PPE and that customer installations are safe and in compliance with AmeriGas policies and federal, state and local regulations • Proactively coaches employees in all facets of safety performance; consistently reinforces safety messages by monitoring and conducting behavioral observations, safety briefings, “tailgate” meetings, and facility safety walk-throughs • Ensures that physical office/plant is a clean, safe and productive work environment for all employees • Provides CRRs with guidance and support to ensure customer phone calls are answered timely and appropriately; willingly answers customer phone calls if additional support is needed • Works with the District Manager to ensure that the CRRs are scheduling installation and service work in accordance with the service benchmarks • Reviews performance reports daily to ensure that Delivery Reps and Service Techs are meeting the benchmarks set forth by the District Manager and Area Director. • Works with each member of his/her team to ensure day-to-day operations support a high quality customer experience; Monitors customer loyalty and satisfaction dashboard (NPS); • Proactively identifies problems that negatively impact the customer’s experience. Takes ownership and effectively responds in a timely manner to customer issues/problems when he or she becomes aware of them. • Communicates daily with Delivery Reps, Service Techs, Utility Workers and CRRs to monitor, correct, and analyze work activities and coaches for performance improvement; deals with below standard performance early before it becomes chronic and impacts team effectiveness. • Ensures all District daily, weekly, and monthly work processes and reporting are done accurately, timely and are error–free. • Understands all Company controls related to SOX in reporting, approvals, and dating of paperwork. Complies with all Sox internal rules. • Conducts and/or ensures that all required employee training is completed timely -- both new employee training and refresher training for existing employees. • Ensures that new hire paperwork (both DOT and HR packets) is completed as required. • Has direct responsibility/authority over discipline, hiring and termination of Delivery Reps, Service Techs, Utility Workers and CRRs. • Ensures the professional appearance of AmeriGas equipment and personnel to our customers. • Performs delivery, service, sales, customer service, and/or District administrative work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Required federal, state and local licenses/permits/certifications for work being performed. Ability to deal with code enforcement officials, regulatory personnel and permitting jurisdictions. • Knowledge of propane along with the safe operation in filling and storage operations. • Within first six months in the position, incumbent must meet training and certification requirements for delivery/service and/or sales/customer service. • Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reporting documents relating to District performance, safety and technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Is familiar with contracts, leases, agreements for service, and vendor requirements. • Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, contractors, customers, and the general public
Education & Experience Required:
• High school diploma required, college degree preferred. • Two or more years in the propane industry preferred, including some responsibility leading other employees; supervisory experience preferred • Computer skills and Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to hazardous or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet, hot or cold and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and flammable materials. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. The employee will be working in both office and external work environments
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 7334