General Motors Operational Excellence - IT Master Black Belt - Everything Can Be Made Better! - ADM0002933 in Detroit, Michigan
Why General Motors, Why Operational Excellence?
At GM, we've charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we're currently undergoing one of the largest transformations in the history of US corporate business.
Why General Motors? Here what Molly Peck, Director of Chevrolet U.S. Advertising and Sales Promotion has to say about working at GM and the City of Detroit by clicking here .
Operational Excellence (OpEx) is a cultural shift within GM that empowers and inspires employees to take action and embrace the mindset that, "Everything can be made better." We operate as a dynamic team of employees from all levels and departments who work together to identify and make improvements with the goals of raising customer satisfaction and increasing savings in time and money.
OpEx utilizes a proven, collaborative, and data-driven approach that confronts employee suggested business issues and implements solutions. Business units work with a combination of proprietary tools, processes, and trained advocates to assemble cross-functional teams that tap into their varied skillsets to discover and act on new ways to enhance work.
"No longer are we a company of 'best efforts.' Today, we are delivering on our commitments, holding ourselves accountable, and doing what we say we are going to do. We are increasingly focused on transparency, speed, candor, and a relentless desire to win."
- Mary Barra, Chairman and CEO of General Motors
About the Master Black Belt Position
Our Master Black Belts are passionate about Operational Excellence – they even dream about it! In this role, you will be responsible to bring new and innovative ideas to drive the strategic development, deployment and continuous improvement of IT processes with the end goal of increased business capabilities, customer satisfaction, and quality. You are relentless in wowing your clients and exceeding their needs. As such, you will be charged to work seamlessly with Executive Champions, CIOs, Business Leaders, and Stakeholders across the ecosystem to determine scope of projects, define and schedule resource plans in addition to outlining the deployment strategy, goals, and priorities. Not only are you a Master Black Belt, you are a linguistics expert communicating process, status, and issues while providing a bridge between IT teams and their business partners.
In addition to the application of your IT and Operational Excellence technical mastery, your expertise will be leveraged to train, coach, and mentor the future of Operational Excellence while simultaneously contributing to the greater body of shared knowledge including best practices, innovative solutions, and efficient strategies.
In short, we're currently seeking the next generation of game-changers to help usher in a new age of automotive innovation. Are you ready to rise to the challenge, are you made for more?
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- 5 - 10+ years years of experience in Information Technology, Software Development, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, or transactional areas.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Process Improvement, Business Operations, or Project/Program Management.
- Successfully led 15 or more transactional, proactive, and/or reactive projects using continuous improvement methodologies such as Shainin or Red X and the effective application of Lean and/or Six Sigma tools through DMAIC, DMADV, and/or DFSS methodologies.
- Experience using statistical software tools such as Tableau, Minitab, or Jump.
- Experience working in a variety of IT environments such as both Agile and Waterfall development methodology-based organizations.
- Experience in or supporting various IT roles such as Cyber Security, Applications Development, Data Management and Data Quality, Systems Architecture, IT Operations and Legacy Systems Migration to New Technology Platforms.
- This position requires the ability to legally operate a motor vehicle on a regular basis.
Leadership and Change Agent
- Strong focus on execution.
- Ability to build and promote organizational change management initiatives.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to simplify strategy into simple actions.
Mentor, Coaching, and Relationships
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach in the practical application of continuous improvement tools to drive significant business impact and culture.
- Experience building, empowering, and leading talented cross functional teams.
Productivity and Collaboration Tools
- Proficient with using advanced tools in standard Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and/or Visio).
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities toqualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of anindividual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability,sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an EqualEmployment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekersincluding individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodationto assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description ofthe specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title andrequisition number of the position for which you are applying.