Marriott Vacations Worldwide Purchasing Coordinator (Resort Operations) in Denpasar, Indonesia
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Responsible for following established procedures in ordering, receiving, storing, distributing and payment of items. Formulates an approved vendors list encompassing all categories. Calculate figures for inventories, orders, and costs. Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly. Post invoices using computer programs. Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs. Complete requisition forms for inventory and supplies. Notify manager/supervisor of low stock levels. Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs. Reconcile shipping invoices and receiving reports to ensure count accuracy. Receive, unload, and process deliveries. Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items. Troubleshoot vendor delivery issues and oversee return process. Monitor PAR levels for all supplies to ensure proper levels. Maintain purchase orders log and file purchase orders upon payment, ensuring that orders match packing slips. Source supplies needed for operating the business and visit suppliers.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds / 25 kgs without assistance. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Core Work Activities
- Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs.
- Lock and unlock secure merchandise storage areas.
- Notify manager/supervisor of low stock levels in a timely manner.
- Work with suppliers to resolve discrepancies between invoices and actual received merchandise, and report to manager/supervisor as necessary.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs.
- Source and order supplies as needed.
- Reconcile shipping invoices and receiving reports to ensure count accuracy.
- Complete requisition forms for inventory and supplies.
- Use technology to send, receive, and print out product requisitions.
- Receive, unload, and process deliveries and account for incoming freight based on invoice and receiving reports.
- Troubleshoot vendor delivery issues.
- Oversee return process by verifying counts, shipping addresses, labels, etc.
- Maintain purchase orders log and file purchase orders upon payment, ensuring that orders match packing slips.
- Visit suppliers and showrooms
- Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly.
- Post invoices using computer programs.
- Calculate figures for inventories, orders, and costs.
- Coordinate payments with the accounting department
- Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items, track refusal of items, and communicate to appropriate management.
- Reduce workplace hazards in storeroom by following safe handling and storage policies and procedures.
- Inspect deliveries and date times to verify freshness, cleanliness, consistency, and quality throughout case lots.
- Date, label, and rotate all items according to company standards.
- Identify and remove merchandise that is outdated, distressed, or unacceptable in appearance to ensure quality.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or safety hazards immediately to the manager/supervisor.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information. Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email).
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Ensure employee compliance with company standards and policies and external regulations (e.g., safety, OSHA, department-specific procedures).
- Assist management to ensure that hourly employees have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment, and inventory).
- Source best value / money supplies and negotiate discounts with suppliers
Working with Others
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds / 25 kgs without assistance.
Education -- University degree Finance or Accounting
Related Work Experience -- 2 years' work experience preferably in an international environment
Customer Service Orientation
English Language Proficiency
Telephone Etiquette Skills
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled