IDC Operational Content Specialist in Deerfield, Illinois
The Operational Content Specialist will be responsible for ensuring data integrity in various Company systems by analyzing issues and developing solutions to enhance efficiency and data accuracy. Reviews, edits and documents business processes, requirements, specifications and recommendations related to proposed solutions. Responsible for providing assistance to the Operations, Customer Service, Pricing and Merchandising Division to ensure data integrity for 72,000 separate items across all Company and dealer channels and systems.
- Proactively investigates data accuracy trends; recommends alternate data sources to improve business metrics in order to improve the customer experience.
- Provides ad-hoc reporting and analyses as requested and interprets data to meet the specific needs of stakeholders or functional groups within the Company.
- Determine the most effective ways in which information should be stored for audit purposes in support of Sarbanes-Oxley controls and makes sure that controls are in place as it relates to item cost.
- Provides management support in the design, analysis, troubleshooting and quality assurance of current and future data systems by identifying strengths and weaknesses in internal processes and recommends process improvements.
- Assists with testing efforts for current and new data systems, develops process for creating test conditions to ensure functionality and accuracy of the application.
- Assists with requests to ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Assists with the production of the Dealer and Furniture Net Pricer publications to ensure data integrity between issues as well as maintaining product manufacturer data.
- Organizes and develops new query templates to be used by Data Integrity Specialists.
- Provides training support to data integrity specialists.
- Work with other departments in understanding their priorities and our impact on their functions.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant’s Core Values
- Ability to gather, analyze and organize complex data, draw conclusions, and to present such data effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet or exceed deadlines and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, service oriented environment.
- Exceptional technical and analytical skills with proven ability in identifying problems, recommending solutions and process improvements.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail and follow up.
- Must have the drive to produce accurate results and a sense of accountability for assigned projects.
- Must be able to learn new software applications; must understand basic IT documents for workflows, data concepts, and project requirement timelines.
- Proficiency in MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, Access a plus.
- Knowledge of Hyperion and Focus a plus.
Bachelors or better
3 years:related business experience, with a solid understanding of business issues and data challenges.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Posted: August 2, 2017