IDC Financial Operations Analyst in Deerfield, Illinois
The Operations Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing analytical insight on operational and business performance. Individual will be responsible for performance management analysis, including budgeting and financial analytics across all business units. They will develop action-based reporting with commentary on performance, while also identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Proactively identify financial and operational issues for the Operations’ leadership teams.
- Analyze business activities that impact warehouse operations and profitability.
- Provide financial and operational analysis for Operations’ Shared Services to ensure that financial and operational targets are achieved.
- Create dynamic financial models to evaluate business scenarios to support business decisions.
- Point of contact for Facilities –works together to identify key issues, risks and opportunities.
- Assists with preparation of Senior Management presentations and communications.
- Assists with the management of Operational Incentive programs.
- Assists with Budgeting.
- Complete ad hoc analysis requests as needed.
- Understand and demonstrate Essendant’s Core Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to visualize, articulate, and solve both complex and uncomplicated problems.
- Strong ability to recognize patterns within data to identify root cause and develop recommendations.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; specifically strong Excel skills (i.e. create Pivot tables and the ability to manipulate its formulas) in conjunction with data collection and aggregation.
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills and ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of management to communicate results and the impact of proposed business decisions.
Bachelors or better in Finance or related field.
Masters or better
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Posted: July 29, 2017