Stanley Black and Decker Sorting Operator Dunkley in Decorah, Iowa
- To set up and run automatic sorting machines according to current quality standards. The sorting machines include: Metron, Pace, Kotsu, NHK, Yutaka and our internal sorting machines.
- Box, label and pallet product.
Essential Job Functions
SORTING MACHINE SET UP AND RUN
- Sets up automatic sorting machine adjusting the machine sensors, machine table and roller with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Run fasteners through the sorting machine, ensuring parts ran through as “good parts”, meet blueprint specifications and sorting “hot” schedule is followed.
- Using micrometer, caliper and dial gauges, regularly checks “good” parts to ensure they continue to meet blueprint specs.
- Recognized defects in parts that the sorting machine cannot distinguish.
- Prior to run, sets counter to reflect required pieces per box, when the box is full, seals with STAR sort label to assure customer that parts are defect free.
- After each sort run, logs list of parts sorted indicating part number, pieces, customer and time required to sort.
- Must be available to work overtime.
Essential Skills & Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to read micrometer, caliper and use dial gauges.
- Knowledge of TS16949 and ISO14001 requirements.
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical equipment (fiber optics and light reflection).
- Knowledge of bagging requirements.
- Knowledge of fasteners.
- Previous experience on similar machine sort equipment
- Other essential skills for operating similar equipment
Requisition Number: 47369BR
Title: Sorting Operator Dunkley
Business: US - SEF Global Ops
State / Country / Province: Iowa
No. of Positions: 1
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law