Stanley Black and Decker Shaver Operator in Decorah, Iowa
This entry-level machine operator position involves learning to perform the operation of shave manufacturing equipment under appropriate supervision which may include: Acme or Towa or Brown & Sharpe. The operator will be responsible for learning the skills necessary to maintain production requirements and quality standards.
- Follow all safety rules.
- Maintain clean, orderly work area
- Operate machinery as needed, which will include feeding machines, emptying pans, inspecting/gaging parts, making minor mechanical adjustments.
- Where applicable, learn to perform minor machine set-up skills; including, but not limited to, tooling changes and first piece inspection.
- Record data for SPC, TS16949 documentation.
- Move material by operating forklift or using non-motorized devices.
Perform minor machine maintenance such as oil changes and tightening of bolts. Performs all other duties as requested by Supervisor or Leadperson. Must be available to work overtime as needed.
Education/training in basic math for blueprint reading, gaging, SPC.
- Ability to learn computer operation/data entry.
- Basic mechanical aptitude to learn machine operation skills and develop an understanding of the manufacturing process.
- Ability to identify basic problems.
- Ability to visualize and understand the manufacturing process.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to legibly complete sign-offs and record data for TS16949.
- Must possess the ability to learn and comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety guidelines and practices.
- Knowledge in TS16949 and ISO14001 requirements.
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Previous manufacturing experience.
- Previous machine set-up/operating experience.
- Ability to read gages, micrometers and blue prints.
- Forklift operation/material-handling experience.
- Computer literate.
Requisition Number: 47373BR
Title: Shaver Operator
Business: US - SEF Global Ops
State / Country / Province: Iowa
No. of Positions: 1
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law