Shaw Industries Inc Operational Excellence Manager in Dalton, Georgia
Shaw Industries, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., with more than $4.8 billion (USD) in annual sales. We are the world’s largest carpet manufacturer and a leading floor covering provider. We supply carpet, hardwood, laminate, resilient, tile and stone flooring products and synthetic turf to residential and commercial markets worldwide. Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, our 22,000 associates are located throughout the US and all over the world.
/Position Overview:/ Facilitate business improvement as an Enterprise Excellence Engineer within business units and functionalareas throughout the company. This includes, but is not limited to, all internal business areas (e.g., Strategic Business Units, Strategic Business Teams, Manufacturing, Distribution, Administration, Research & Development, Logistics, Sales and Marketing) as well as external suppliers and customers.
/Responsibilities:/ * Provide facilitation for strategic business, product and process improvement, Lean Six Sigma technical support, instruction, and/or team & project facilitation utilizing Lean Six Sigma and/or other Enterprise Excellence methodologies. * Carry out other assignments related to the implementation, maintenance, and ongoing development of Enterprise Excellence business improvement methods (Strategic Business Unit/Team Business Improvement work process, Business Transformation, Go‐To‐Market, Lean Six Sigma, Shingo, other). * Support implementation of Enterprise Excellence initiatives relative to new products and/or new businesses (New Business Development, Concept Development, Design for Six Sigma, New Business Integration, other) * Assist in the development and deployment of new Enterprise Excellence and related management systems and strategies. * Develop and maintain procedures, materials and systems to support Enterprise Excellence business improvement and related management strategies. * Provide basic to advanced technical support, capability development and instruction for Enterprise Excellence and related management strategies. Other assignments and/or projects related to Enterprise Excellence responsibilities and functions. /Competencies:/ * Demonstrate Strategic Influence * Make Effective Decisions * Demonstrate Customer Orientation * Lead Change * Build Trusting Relationships / / / /
* Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other bachelor’s degree with additional training, experience, and demonstrated capability.
* Engineering, research and development, manufacturing, and quality systems/quality engineering experience are beneficial.
* Customer Advocacy ‐ Understanding customer needs is the key to process improvement.
* Passion ‐ Must be self‐motivated, have initiative, and have a positive personality.
* Vision ‐ The ability to understand the big picture while also keeping track of miscellaneous details.
* Communication ‐ Effective communicators, which is essential for the many roles they serve: trainers, coaches, and mentors. Be able communicate to all audiences (from shop floor employees to executive management).
* Team Player and Leader ‐ Must possess the ability to lead, work with teams, be part of a team, and understand team dynamics.
* Result Oriented ‐ Expected to perform and produce tangible financial results for the business. They must be hard working and quick to demonstrate success. / / /Preferred Skills:/ * Other ‐ Active Listening, Business Acumen, Project Management, and Analytical Problem Solving Skills; Must be able to facilitate a room and exercise control. * Enterprise Excellence Engineers are expected to become certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belts as well as Lean Kaizen Masters internally.
* Advanced skills and capabilities in Lean Six Sigma methods, management systems and other related Enterprise Excellence strategies and systems are required and must be developed as needed.
Job: *Lean Six Sigma & Quality
Our Nation’s veterans bring an extraordinary array of skills and training to any position. Shaw actively works to understand how these skills can translate to our job categories. Shaw will consider an applicant’s military service and work experience when determining whether a candidate meets the requirements of a posted job. Shaw values Diversity & Inclusion. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans & Disabled.
Title: Operational Excellence Manager
Requisition ID: 74136