WestRock Press Operator in Dallas, Texas
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Responsible for the performance of manual and machine tasks in the set up, maintenance, and operation of Flexographic press to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Reads work orders to determine setup specifications and instructions.
• Starts machines and make trial runs to verify accuracy of machine setups.
• Observes and monitors machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed.
• Assures the image is registered from unit to unit, and runs samples to make adjustments to assure print quality and color settings are in accordance with densitometer readings.
• Follows all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department.
• Performs routine adjustments during the press run and maintain quality throughout the run.
• Performs all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
• Accurately follows instructions.
• Maintains records of daily production, using specified forms.
• Records production information such as amount of time spent on specific tasks.
• Preserves and passes along customer artwork in clean and undamaged condition.
• Keeps work area neat and clean.
• Opens machines and removes/replaces damaged product, using hand tools.
• Performs daily/monthly maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
• Must have a minimum of five years of related experience running, troubleshooting and performing quality control on a press of similar size and complexity.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must have basic computer skills (data entry).
• Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including additions, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Must have the ability to perform intermediate arithmetic dealing with decimals, fractions, ratios, etc.
• Must pass color hue test.
• Must be able to read a ruler.
• Must be able to use a spectrometer.
• Must be able to do accurate work.
• Must demonstrate effective decision making skills.
• Must be able to manage time effectively.
• Must be self-managing.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance.
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.