WestRock Large Machine Operator in Dallas, Texas
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Operate various machines to including Ga-Verhen, Walco, shrink wrapper, inserter, folding and their associated supporting equipment (multi-feeders; labeling, glue, ink-jet and QC systems) to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Reads work orders to determine setup specifications and instructions.
• Starts machines and makes trial runs to verify accuracy of machine setups.
• Loads, observes and monitors machine operations
• Detects malfunctions and make adjustments on equipment.
• Maintains records of daily production, using specified forms.
• Ensures quality and sequential integrity of job being packaged on machines.
• Collects production off delivery belt, inspect for defects and place in sleeves in sequential order.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
• Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
• Must have basic computer skills (data entry, etc.)
• Must have intermediate mathematical skills.
• Must be able to read a ruler.
• Must be able to use hand tools.
• Must be reliable and dependable.
• Must pass basic reading test.
• Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance.
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Large Machine Operator