WestRock Gluer Operator MA12178 1st in Dallas, Texas
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
GENERAL PURPOSE :
Responsible for the performance of manual and machine tasks in the set up, operation and maintenance of finishing equipment to accurately produce product to customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Observe and monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed.
- Review and follow the job ticket.
- Perform all assigned work effectively and on schedule.
- Follow instructions accurately.
- Verify finished product matches the supplied sample.
- Perform routine adjustments during each job and maintain production throughout the run.
- Perform troubleshooting and preventive maintenance tasks as needed.
- Maintain make-ready and run standards while producing quality products.
- Maintain records of daily production, using Pecas and specified forms.
- Record production information such as amount of time spent on specific tasks.
- Oversee the crew working on the machine.
- Ensure product conforms to quality standards.
- Follow all standard operating procedures relevant to the job, position and department . Follow established policies, work instructions and safety and environmental guidelines.
- Complete non-compliance documentation as necessary.
- Keep work area neat and clean.
- Train co-workers to set up, operate and use equipment as directed.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Five years’ manufacturing experience with operating equipment comparable to that in facility is required.
- Two or more years experience in folding carton converting is preferred.
- Knowledge of the following equipment is preferred: International Paperbox finishing equipment, Bobst finishing equipment, and Hyber-Shroeder window machine.
- Must understand and know how to operate quality assurance systems used on operating equipment comparable to that in facility.
- Must be able to operate glue systems such as HHS, Pafra, Nordson PUR system and hot melt units.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, job tickets, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must have basic computer skills (email, data entry, etc.).
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including additions, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must have the ability to read a ruler.
- Must possess the following competencies: accuracy, reliability, decision making, time management and self motivation.
Must be able to maintain good attendance.
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Gluer Operator MA12178 1st