The Tatitlek Corporation Junior Computer Operator in Dahlgren, Virginia
Tracking Code 2839-205 Job Description
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
The Junior Computer Operator, in addition to operating the system and resolving common error conditions, diagnoses and acts on machine stoppage and error conditions not fully covered by existing procedures and guidelines. May deviate from standard procedures if standard procedures do not provide a solution and refers problems which do not respond to corrective procedures to a person of supervisory or higher level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- System administration.
- User administration and assistance.
- File transfers, net backups, cell phone and laptop control, printouts.
- Maintain a neat and tidy workspace.
- Represent TTSI professionally to our customers.
- Coordinate efforts with the Site/Project Manager.
- Operate the system for the customer.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- The Junior Computer Operator shall demonstrate six (6) months of specialized experience in the operation and maintenance of the equipment that comprises the IPE and six (6) months of general experience.
- One (1) year of general experience.
- 8570 IAT Level 2 certification, this includes Security + and a windows operating system cert.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Have the demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with other computer operators and users of the systems.
- Ability to operate various computer programs, including Windows 2000/XP; MS Outlook, Word, Excel; internet browsers and search engines.
- Ability to operate various general office equipment such as printers, photo copiers, fax machine, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performance of essential and ancillary functions requires maintenance of physical conditioning adequate for bending, stooping, and sitting; walking or standing for prolonged periods. Most work requires sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about. Must be able to lift 60 lbs. Requires near visual acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; manual dexterity to operate a telephone and keyboard; and ability to lift horizontally and vertically.
Most work will be performed in environmentally controlled areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be high.
Additional Qualifying Factors
Must be able to able to gain access to US military installations, after undergoing background check. Valid Driver’s license, proof of insurance and good driving record required. Reliable transportation to/from work a necessity, and travel will be required. As a condition of employment, candidates for posted positions must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results.
Shareholder preference applies
The Tatitlek Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veterans status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other status protected by law
Job Location Dahlgren, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular