Siemens Senior Manager Operations, Solutions, Cypress, CA in Cypress, California
Senior Manager Operations, Solutions, Cypress, CA
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 210087
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
The Senior Manager of Operations Solutions is a key field middle manager with a full Siemens Building Technologies focus . You will oversees and give strategic direction to a specific location(s) with total sustained/consistent order intake between forty and fifty million (40-50M). Direct activities of Operations Managers, Operations Supervisors, and Project Managers.
· Direct all operations activities including: account management, project management, design engineering, systems installation, commissioning and service delivery activities within a location. Ensure effective and profitable execution of solutions business, customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction consistent with company and location objectives. Advise management on local operations planning including resource allocation, hiring and development, financial forecasting, monitoring and issue resolution.
· Oversee custom solution installations, retrofits, , and other solutions offerings. Review bidding to ensure accuracy and appropriate method to meet company and customer objectives. Assist employees in determining margins, identifying resources and assessing future potential business.
· Conduct financial analysis including forecasting, estimating, monitoring, and recovery planning. Develop and implement strategies (e.g. business growth, asset management, cost reduction, customer satisfaction, employee productivity) to achieve business goals.
· Ensure customer satisfaction and employee productivity and quality of work. Address customer service concerns and monitor satisfaction. Motivate employees to achieve customer and company performance goals. Perform employee management responsibilities such as hiring, training, conducting performance reviews, and resolving issues.
· Maintain knowledge of competition and understand product positioning and sales strategies. Provide feedback on new products/services and provide feedback to management.
· Analyze existing policies/procedures and recommend improvements. Actively participate or lead company initiatives and improvement programs that cross over location, area and zone boundaries. Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies and procedures. Maintain current knowledge of regulatory laws, changes and requirements and ensure compliance. Develop and maintain technical competence of company’s products, applications and services.
· Track competition (activities, products, systems, prices, etc) reporting on findings and recommends changes/improvements. Represents Siemens in industry associations, professional organizations and affiliations and develops relationships with builders, contractors and other business community leaders
· Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures and productivity tools. Maintain current knowledge of regulatory laws, changes and requirements and ensure compliance. Advise and implement industry/field best practices to improve products, applications and services.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Associates degree (2 year) in a technical (industry related) field or equivalent work experience.
· 5 + years industry experience including operations supervisory/ management role including planning, contracting, project management, account management and all aspects of general business management
· Technical and/or business licenses or registrations as required by the geographic area.
· Ability to proactively implement organizational and process change in response to business needs. Strong listening, negotiation, organizational, oral and written communication skills for multi-tasking effectively.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
· Ability to travel up to 20% of time depending on assigned geographic location.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
Knowledge in Automation Controls, IoT, and facility construction preferred·
Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred (or equivalent experience)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .