MSA, The Safety Company Intern: Industrial Engineer, Cranberry Plant Operations (Summer) in Cranberry Twp, Pennsylvania
MSA, The Safety Company
At MSA, safety isn’t just in our name. It’s the driving factor behind every decision we make because we know our customers rely on us every day to keep them safe. It’s a noble mission and a challenge that every MSA associate accepts when they join our team. That’s why we provide our associates with a competitive pay and benefits package, learning and development opportunities, and an inclusive and friendly work environment. Join the MSA and help make the world safer, one person at a time.
Requisition ID 2017-1694
# of Openings 1
Job Location(s) US-PA-Cranberry Twp
Posted Date 5/17/2017
Category Operational Excellence
Languages Prefered: ..
Working alongside experienced engineers, co-ops and interns have a unique opportunity to apply their academic learning to products that protect lives in communities around the world. Operations industrial engineering interns will gain hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment, interacting with the people who put physical shape to our products. They will contribute within a team environment by supporting any of the following activities:
Description of duties and responsibilities:
- Time studies
- Methods analysis and improvement
- Bill of Material and process routing maintenance
- Cost analysis and reduction
- Process evaluation and improvement
- Lean, Kaizen, 6S and Value Stream Mapping activities
Special knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Basic experience with data analysis, methods and graphing.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Tools, with a special emphasis on Excel and Access.
Education and experience required:
- Student should be actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, or other relevant Engineering discipline, from an ABET-accredited program, and have completed at least one semester of Sophomore year before beginning this co-op
MSA is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to providing a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. As such, it is MSA's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of the person's age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, race, religion, gender, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, veteran's status, genetic information, political affiliation, disabling condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. MSA also makes reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to perform a job unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship. If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation to assist you in navigating this career site, let us know.