HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room in Conroe, Texas
_Conroe Regional Medical Center – Conroe, TX_
_Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room (OR)_
Conroe Regional Medical Center, where high-quality care meets the comfort and convenience of a hospital close to home. We have been meeting the healthcare needs of the Montgomery County region for more than 75 years.
As a regional, tertiary referral center, other hospitals rely on us when a higher level of care is necessary. We have 342 beds, 1,200 employees, more than 400 physicians on staff, and the resources of the largest healthcare provider in the nation - HCA.
Conroe Regional Medical Center has achieved recognition as a Certified Primary Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and designation as a Level II Trauma facility. CRMC also has a Level III Neonatal ICU for the most vulnerable patients.
Conroe Regional Medical Centeris currently looking for aRegistered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room (OR).
- The RN Service Coordinators assigned to the Operating Room cares for infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics. Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Operating Room Area and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment.
- Demonstrates clinical expertise in area of specialty. Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care.
- Circulates or scrubs for a variety of surgical specialty cases. Supervises and evaluates work performance in terms of patient care, staff relations and efficiency of service.
- Addresses educational and competency issues of staff within their service.
- Able to take Charge in the absence of the Charge Nurse. Administers medications as ordered by the physician.
- Responsible for surgical suite preparation for a variety of surgical cases.
- Responsible and accountable for all ordering for their specialty along with monitoring of out dates, specialty equipment and repairs.
- Collaborates with physicians, nurses, and other clinical disciplines in making decisions regarding each patient's care needs. Participates in research for capital purchases and cost containment through active involvement with staff and physicians.
- Works with professional and nonprofessional employees of the hospital, and with physicians, patients and their families.
- Assumes responsibility for orientation of new personnel and nursing students, as delegated by the Charge Nurse.
- Two years scrubbing and circulating experienced required in an OR setting.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Current CPR certification.
- CNOR/ACLS preferred.
- Demonstrated current clinical competence as outlined in the appropriate orientation checklist.
- Medication Test score of 8O% or better.
- Maintains current clinical competence.
- Annual Skills Checklist (Skills Competency)
- Demonstrated knowledge of surgical aseptic technique.
- Maintains knowledge of all patient care equipment
- Knowledge of AORN Standards and Recommended Practices.
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room
Location: Texas-Conroe-Conroe Regional Medical Center - Conroe
Requisition ID: 06437-83943