Centene Corporation System Technician (Network Operations Center) in Clayton, Missouri
Position Purpose: Perform front line troubleshooting as related to applications and network systems.
- Create and manage trouble tickets, resolving, assigning and escalating as appropriate for timely resolution and response
- Update operational run books for applications, databases, systems, and networks
- Responsible for the initial triage and determination of system faults and performance issues
- Monitor service levels and take appropriate action to maintain service level agreements
- Provide escalation status notification throughout the enterprise on service impacting events
- Resolve critical system issues on a 24x7 basis including notification, escalation and coordination
Education/Experience: Associate's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 1 years of experience in IT or related area. Healthcare experience preferred. Entry level knowledge of event management systems and other industry standard NOC tools (i.e. HPOV, MRTG, CiscoWorks, SNMP, etc.), identifying and responding to alerts. Knowledge of notification and escalation of events, network, hardware, telephony, and systems troubleshooting and support.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job: Information Technology
Organization: G&A-IT-Technology Services
Requisition ID: 1064255