Cincinnati Incorporated Grinder Operator in Cincinnati, Ohio
Grinder Operator (OD)
- Receive work assignment; secure drawings, ascertain sequence of operations, tools, type of set-up, fixtures, machining requirements; obtain and return tools and fixtures
- Keep grinding wheels in proper working condition
- Mount wheel on spindle, dress wheel to specifications using dressing device
- Center work piece between centers of head and tailstock, or tighten in jaws of chuck, manually or with aid of overhead crane or hoist
- Set specified grinding speeds, feed rates and angle of wheel; position cams to control depth of cut
- Verify dimensions of work piece during cycle using precision measuring instruments
- Change worn grinding wheels
- Perform extremely close tolerance grinding and polishing operations on various size and type shafts, pistons, brake drums, plungers, toggles, gears and similar parts
- May grind non-metallic material such as plastics
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and perform all assignments in a safe manner and in accordance with established quality procedures
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or certificate of equivalency
- 2 years prior machining experience
Valued But Not Required:
- Technical school certificate
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Characteristics, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret prints
- Must know GD&T;
- Excellent math skills
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to company Core Values
Valued But Not Required:
- Understanding of machine programming with ability to interpret and edit
- Ability to use micrometers and gauges
- PC skills
*Tools, Technology and Equipment Used: *Cylindrical grinder, remote overhead crane and or hoist, various fixtures mandrel and related items, gauges and precision measuring tools, machinist’s hand tools, various cutting tools and mandrels
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, reaching with hands and arms and climbing ladders. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud at times.
The employee must regularly lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.