Federal Reserve Bank Facilities Operations Manager in Cincinnati, Ohio
Facilities Operations Manager
Employees of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland are part of something big. We are the local presence of our nation’s central bank, and the work we do is influential in our local communities, our region, and the nation.
Results-oriented and outcome-focused, we are a team of talented, collaborative, and innovative individuals who are proud to be part of an organization that values its employees. For 18 consecutive years, the Cleveland Fed has been recognized as one of Northeast Ohio’s 99 best places to work .
In addition to an attractive base pay and other cash compensation, the Cleveland Fed provides a comprehensive benefits package, work-life balance benefits, and career development opportunities. Other programs focus on health and wellness; enhancing financial security and overall well-being; and fostering an engaged and innovative workforce.
Be part of something big—be part of our future. Make the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland your next career move.
The Facilities Operations Manager has responsibility for the 24/7 operation of the building’s physical infrastructure. This includes—but is not limited to—the building premises and all MEP systems and equipment (eg: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, BAS, elevators, telecommunications, life-safety). The Facilities Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the workflow, manpower, and resources necessary to ensure the building’s continuous operation. Included in this responsibility are capital project development and execution; operational reliability (PM/SOP); talent management/development; and safety training/protocols.
- Manages 24/7 building operations, personnel, and administrative duties. Participates in functional strategy development including annual goals and objectives.
- Develops and implements operational procedures; ensures compliance with performance metrics and control standards/procedures; and measures progress and accomplishments to ensure functional goals are achieved.
- Ensures compliance with all codes and system guidelines as they relate to building operations; inspects work for quality and adherence to specifications, Bank guidelines, and building codes; and authorizes payment as work is completed.
- Develops and implements emergency procedures and safety standards for engineering and administrative staff.
- Develops and manages capital projects for renovation, construction, and facilities-related projects. Manages all phases of the work from conception to project close-out; including planning, budgeting, procurement, contracts, and construction.
- Ensures successful project outcomes by attaining schedule and budget targets and exceeding customer expectations.
- Develops short- and long-range facilities infrastructure plans; and develops equipment/systems life-cycle and replacement planning.
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of annual, line item, and project budgets.
- Develops, coordinates, and monitors PM/maintenance programs to ensure continuous operations and system compliance, consistently developing process improvements.
- Manages and monitors utilities and energy programs (Energy Star/LEED). Prepares reports as required.
- Oversees project, supply, and inventory purchasing.
- Ensures optimal team performance; manages supporting staff; coaches, develops, and provides formal and informal feedback on performance.
- Implements personnel actions including establishing goals and objectives; monitoring staff performance; and ensuring staff has adequate skills/career/professional development and training/cross-training.
- Recommends salary increases and other personnel actions including hiring, performance, and discipline.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Adheres to the Bank’s attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.
•Bachelor’s degree (Engineering degree strongly preferred) •Professional license or certificate (Professional Engineer, LEED, AP, CEM, BOMI/IFMA, PMP) •5 years of related work experience •2 years of Management/Leadership experience
Knowledge & Skills:
•Advanced Analytical Skills •Requires advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities specific to the job and/or function; including, but not limited to, knowledge of specific Microsoft Office tools, problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to perform independent research. •Advanced Leadership Skills •Requires knowledge of talent management with a demonstrated ability to lead others and simultaneously manage multiple complex and time-critical activities. •Advanced Verbal/Written Communication Skills •Requires communicating well with people at different levels, frequently sharing information with others while listening to and understanding their points of view. •Advanced Strategic Thinking Skills •Requires thinking through and solving problems step-by-step, often looking beyond the obvious solution to a problem and digging deeper for the best solution. •Advanced Job Specific Skills •Requires advanced technical knowledge related to operations of a large commercial building including HVAC/Electrical systems, building codes, design standards, construction processes and maintenance. •Must have ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics. •Other knowledge areas required include: project management, procurement and contracts, vendor management, budgeting and accounting. •Advanced Customer Service Skills •Requires meeting the needs of customers by providing professional and high quality assistance and services.
Traditional office environment: Employees typically sit most of the day, work with a computer and may answer/respond to phone calls. Physical movement consists of walking for meetings, breaks, etc. Ability to lift items weighing approximately 20 pounds on a limited basis is required. Addendum as needed: Employees may be required to travel by car/air. A valid driver’s license is required.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
Title: Facilities Operations Manager
Requisition ID: 252068