Illinois State Job Bank Employer Production Operator - J3J3Z05Y5MKYMPRTYH4 in Chicago, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/4982569 BWAY is one of the largest manufacturers of rigid metal and plastic containers in North America. Our diverse products and broad geographic reach have made us a market leader in the general line packaging industry. BWAY offers comprehensive packaging for a wide variety of applications. BWAY is Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Responsible for the safe operation, housekeeping, and bar code labeling of manual and semi-automated metal stamping equipment.
The following is a list of specific duties which are considered the essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive, as all positions at the Company are dynamic. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
+ Wear all required PPE at all times.
+ Ability to read and understand production schedules, production orders and instructions.
+ Ability to operate production machinery in a safe manner.
+ Ability to perform required Quality Checks and record results as appropriate.
+ Ability to achieve or exceed demonstrated production rates while maintaining safety and quality.
+ Ability to work in teams.
+ Ability to maintain flexibility and be willing and able to work on multiple machines during the shift.
+ Perform other related duties as assigned
n EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCEn
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing setting
nJOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIESn
• Must be able to read, write and speak
• Basic math and measurement skills
• Basic understanding of industrial equipment
• Understands quality, PPE requirements, safety and the importance of complying with safety policies and procedures.
• Ability to use a variety of common hand tools
• Basic mechanical abilities
• Must be willing to work overtime, including weekends and off-shifts as required