Hyatt Manager of Global Operations Communications in CHICAGO, Illinois
The Operations Communication Manager is responsible for Hyatt’s internal hotel and operations communication strategy, as well as the direction of Hyatt’s internal digital communication channels in partnership with Marketing. S/he manages the communication team within Hyatt’s Global Operations Center and collaborates with other corporate functions. S/he collaborates primarily with Global Operations, Regional Operations, Marketing, Global Talent, and Technology to drive consistent, clear messaging and to ensure that key operational messages support Hyatt’s Purpose and Strategy Priorities.
The Operations Communication manager is responsible for continuing to evolve Hyatt’s internal hotel communication strategy and channels, providing clear and concise guidance to operational teams and key program managers, setting communication and content standards, and implementing feedback loops that foster a collaborative environment amongst operations teams.
The Operations Communication Manager will work closely with other colleagues with similar responsibilities within other functions (e.g., Franchise and Select Operations, Marketing Corporate Communications, Global Talent, etc.) to ensure that similar strategies and methodologies are used in development and delivery of communications.
Global Internal Operations Communications
- Oversee Hyatt’s GOC Communication Team of 3 colleagues
- Evolve and execute Hyatt’s Operations Communication Strategy and Policies to reinforce the company’s Purpose, Values, Strategic Priorities and initiatives
- Develop, draft and periodically manage production of Global Operations Center strategic updates throughout the organization using multiple communication channels (video, written, meeting forums, presentations)
- Oversee management and facilitation of Hyatt’s internal newsletter strategy and weekly article review – the Global Weekly Communication
- Oversee and manage all global operational and technology messages to hotels
- Responsible for setting communication and content standards and for ensuring that the standards are followed throughout the organization
- Consult project managers and operational functions on communication channels and plans (e.g., based on audience, type of message, etc.) to better reach colleagues and to improve understanding and adoption rates of new and existing programs and initiatives.
- Oversee the management of global email distribution group priorities and strategy to ensure that messages reach the appropriate audience and that internal data is leveraged to automate email group management
- Collaborate with other functional areas to ensure a standard methodology for internal communications is used enterprise wide
- Maintain regular communication with internal stakeholders, regional offices, and hotel colleagues to ensure that operational communications are effective and conducted as necessary
- Regularly measure and analyze the success and effectiveness of Global Internal Communications and communication channels via survey, data analytics, and empathy interviews for use in setting the strategic direction of communication programs and standard
Internal Digital Communication Channels
- Evolve and drive the strategy for Hyatt’s intranet in partnership with Marketing
- Evolve and drive the strategy for Hyatt’s local level intranet (Back Office Board)
- Consult, partner and drive Hyatt’s internal social strategy and social/collaboration tool with the Marketing Social team
Oversee the development of training and support resources for communication tools (intranet content managers, social collaboration tool, Global Weekly Newsletter, etc.).
People Management: Responsbility for GOC Communications team. Work with team on goal building and career planning. Ensure job satisfaction based on meaningful work and positive team morale.
- Strategy Setting: Evolve and execute Hyatt’s Internal Operations Communication Strategy and Policies to reinforce the company’s Purpose, Values, Strategic Priorities and initiatives.
- Product Ownership: Oversee evolution of Hyatt’s internal communication channels – global newsletter, intranet, social collaboration and back office board.
- Communicaitons Content: Oversee and periodically develop, draft and manage production of Global Operations Center strategic updates throughout the organization using multiple communication channels (video, written, meeting forums, presentations)
- Communications Planning/Editing: Consult project managers and operational functions on communication channels and plans (e.g., based on audience, type of message, etc.) to better reach colleagues and to improve understanding and adoption rates of new and existing programs and initiatives.
- Channel Strategy: Regularly measure and analyze the success and effectiveness of Global Internal Communications and communication channels via survey, data analytics, and empathy interviews for use in setting the strategic direction of communication programs and standard
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 6-8 years of communication experience and experience working with a global mindset to understand and communicate with different demographics and regional colleagues
- 6-8 years of Project Management experience with the ability to manage multiple tasks with frequently changing requirements and deadlines
- Excellent judgement and problem solving skills with the ability to develop advanced solutions to problems
- Expertise and awareness of internal digital channel strategies and programs to support message delivery and measurement
- Knowledge of Hyatt application and business environments
- Experience or strong understanding of hotel operations
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite: including medium to advanced skills with Excel, SharePoint, MS Project, Word, and Vision
- Content Management experience is preferred
- Highly organized, self-directed business style, with strong ability to prioritize
- Works well in fast-paced, high energy and deadline-driven environment
- High energy enthusiastic, and eager to engage with internal customers in a collaborative manner
- Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and non-technical language
- Excels working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong attention to detail
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Public Relations
Req ID: CHI008477
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.