BWAY Corporation KBA Coater Operator in Chicago, Illinois
BWAY is one of the largest manufacturers of rigid metal and plastic containers in North America. Our diverse products and broad geographic reach have made us a market leader in the general line packaging industry. BWAY offers comprehensive packaging for a wide variety of applications. BWAY is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities/females/vets/disability.
The Coater Operator is responsible for the set-up of coaters, installation of rollers and the setup of the ovens’ temperature based on production work orders.
Essential Functions: The following is a list of specific duties which are considered the essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive, as all positions at the Company are dynamic. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
- Ability to follow work from work orders, prints and instructions.
- Set up coaters, install roller, adjust side gauges, registration and lay out and set oven temperatures.
- Cut rolls, adjust machine, select and sharpen tooling, mount roll and cut preprint.
- Sanitize coater Wagner production line.
- Notify supervisor of unusual equipment or operating problems.
- Follow all safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: It also requires at least one to three years of experience working in a manufacturing environment performing quality control duties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Exposure/experience to manufacturing.
- Understands quality, PPE requirements and safety and the importance of complying with safety policies and procedures.
Physical/Visual Demands/Work Environment: (Physical and visual activities that are commonly associated * with the performance of the functions of this job) 1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to walk and stand. 2. Position is associated with pushing, pulling, climbing, handling, reaching, stretching, and working in tight and high places.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: (Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job). Inside conditions, extremes of heat (100 seasonal), exposure to humidity, working in tight areas, high noise levels from production environment, including some exposure to outside weather elements, oil and dirt.
- “Commonly associated” is not intended to mean always or only. There may be different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Manufacturing
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 8/16/2017