AXA Lead Associate Operational Accounting in Charlotte, North Carolina
Lead Associate Operational AccountingLead Associate Operational Accounting
Job ID :44208
Job ID :44208
AXA is a leading financial protection company, committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment, and one of the nation’s premier providers of life insurance and annuity products. The organization was established in 1859 and we are committed now more than ever to helping clients meet financial goals in all stages of their lives. One of the hallmarks of our proud heritage is providing world-class customer service.
We're always looking for smart and talented people to help us develop new and innovative ways to expand our product portfolio, reach new customers and serve well the clients already a part of the AXA family.
AXA Charlotte, NC Office Address:8501 IBM Drive; Charlotte, NC
This position supports Management’s efforts to respond appropriately and in a timely manner to all changes in accounting, reporting and regulatory requirements on Statutory, US GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) bases and to provide analysis and control of assigned areas of responsibility with a principal focus on defining and testing all accounting related to Life Insurance Products.
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring all out of balances are identified at a policy level and aged accordingly
• Partner with business area on the identification and resolution of system and/or reconciliation issues
• Monitor offshore preparation of monthly reconciliations of income statement accounts in preparation for annual external audit
• Assist management with audit requests and SOX compliance
• Ensure daily separate account trade is affected properly for related lines of business
• Validate transactions were recorded timely and accurately and support the accounting recorded in the ledger
• Provide guidance to offshore business partners on resolving reconciliation issues with balance sheet accounts
• Prepare and post journal entries, accruals and cash transactions to the ledger
• Adhere to accelerated close requirements, ensuring deliverables are accurate and timely
• Identify opportunities for efficiencies
• Support additional accounting requirements as needed throughout the department
• Minimum Associate's Degree Accounting or Finance Degree
• 1-3 years experience in accounting and/or finance
• Problem solving skills
• Good understanding of journal entry processing, balance sheet and income statement concepts
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, client-focused, dynamic environment
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, goals and objectives within assigned time limits
• Knowledge of the Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, etc)
• General ledger reconciliation experience a must
• Insurance industry experience is a plus
NOTE: AXA participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
AXA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.