Commonwealth Care Alliance Job Details: Operations Manager I Clinical CG East in Charlestown, Massachusetts
Job Details: Operations Manager I Clinical CG East
- Vacancy NoVN1552
Posting TitleOperations Manager I Clinical CG East
Commonwealth Care Alliance is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization providing integrated health care and social support services to people with complex medical needs. Our patients are seniors and persons with disabilities covered under Medicaid or both Medicaid and Medicare. Our innovative care model is nationally recognized for its effectiveness in improving health outcomes for these vulnerable populations.
Our unique care model is empowering for our employees as well as our members. Whether you are a clinical or administrative professional, all of us at Commonwealth Care Alliance receive the satisfaction of knowing our work truly makes a difference.
We enjoy a company culture of passionate advocacy in a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning, competitive salaries, and a generous and comprehensive benefit package.
The Operations ManagerI (CGEast) works under the direction of the Clinical Director and/or Administrative Director to support operational, programmatic and logistical needs of the group in varied ways. This position works collaboratively with all departments of CCA, as need, to facilitate timely interventions leading to desired outcomes.
• The Operations Manager I (CGEast) supervises Clinical Support Coordinator(s)
• Assigns and monitors activities and work flow of direct reports.
• Supports senior management in developing/managing clinical workflow and business process.
• Responsible for performance management and conducts reviews for direct reports.
• For clinical staff under her supervision, works collaboratively with Clinical Director to complete performancereviews.
• Work with HR and support managers to coordinate recruitment, hiring, and training of staff
• Coach and mentor staff for professional development and performance improvement
• Establishes and maintains positive relationships with Clinical Group colleagues, with colleagues across CCA andwith external partner organizations. Ensures smooth, helpful communications throughout cross-functional settings with all collaborating partners.
• Works in an orderly, collaborative and transparent manner to identify root causes of challenges, difficulties orproblems. Recommends solutions, develops process improvements and implements action plans.
• Demonstrates outstanding customer service orientation in all interactions. Understands the importance of andshows commitment to effective teamwork.
• Process Management – manages implementation of new initiatives including MDS Assist and participates in theexecution and development of key processes for the group. Manages Data Coordinator in their responsibilities associated with the following tasks/processes:
• Long Term Support Coordination referrals - Manages process of receiving, tracking, referral placement, andsubsequent database entry to help maintain accurate and effective reporting while connecting clinical staff and external partners via clear communication and data entry.
• Case Management Data and Case Assignment- Manages process of identifying members in need of caseassignment, organizing data, distributing and receiving data from clinical teams and updating databases accordingly – to help ensure CG East is effectively tracking and caring for members.
• Transfers between CMOs and Teams - Manages process of identifying members in need of transfer, coordinatingand attending Warm Transfer meetings as needed, and subsequent data entry and case assignment. Maintaining positive relationships with other CMOs to ensure smooth transitions and clear communication of member information.
• Adhere to all applicable compliance requirements and the Code of Conduct.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Knowledge and Skills:
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
1-3 years of experience in managing processes and projects in a health care setting.
1-3 years of experience supervising staff
Demonstrated critical thinking and some analytical skills that positively impact the short and long-term planning of the clinical group.
Intermediate to advanced understanding of MS office suite
Demonstrates high level of professionalism in communication
Experience with facilitating cross-functional, inter-departmental meetings
Solution-oriented when faced with challenges.
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws