Valero Process Operator - Charles City Ethanol Plant in CHARLES CITY, Iowa
- Responsible for the operation of the plant.
- Monitors and controls plant Operations, which includes reviewing production and quality, anticipating and solving problems in a timely manner, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Participates in Quality Assurance and Quality Control by communicating directly with the QA/QC laboratory, sampling and testing process streams as required, and interpreting QA/QC results and taking action when required.
- Participates in plant maintenance, such as performing preventative maintenance as required, assisting maintenance technicians in performing needed repairs, diagnosing and trouble-shooting maintenance related issues.
- Participates in all health, safety, and environmental programs.
- Position requires working a 12-hour rotating shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please click on the following link to view what the Process Operator job involves on a day to day basis:Realistic Job Preview
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to legally work in the United States.
- Experience in the operation of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications for the Process Operator position will be invited to take an online assessment. Communications regarding the assessment will be delivered via email and are typically sent every Monday.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.4 billion gallons per year.
About Valero Renewables – Charles City
Valero's Charles City ethanol plant is located near Charles City, Iowa, approximately 35 miles east of Mason City and 170 miles south of Minneapolis. The biorefinery sits on 225 acres and started ethanol production in April 2007. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. The Charles City plant annually processes approximately 48 million bushels of corn into approximately 135 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 400,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The biorefinery employs more than 65 full-time personnel.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Operations/Skilled Crafts %26 Trades/Maintenance
Primary Location: US-IA-Charles City
Job Posting: Oct 11, 2017, 2:23:55 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 17001K4