Comcast Manager Engineering Operations in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The team is responsible for standardizing processes and tools in the Engineering and Operations arena. This role will be responsible for working with Division team members and Regional teams to standardize processes, procedures and tools including communicating and implementing standards with a focus on data and analytics. Works to maintain a customer centric lens through the engineering operations plan, build and manage framework with respect to Design, Construction and Maintenance. Identifies best practices, standard process opportunities and reporting needs. Uses analytics and reporting to identify areas of opportunity, and measure and assess process efficiency and effectiveness. Creates standard repeatable analyses, reports and dashboards. Interprets data to identify trends, determine best practices and perform root cause analyses. Acts as a champion through continued focus on proactively identifying and addressing processes impacting engineering operations. Longer term, potentially manages a team which may include exempt and non-exempt employees. Serves as subject matter expert and provides guidance to employees as required.
- Leads cross functional regional / division teams to define standard processes and procedures in various network engineering and operations functions such as design, construction and XPM. Defines future / ideal state processes, identifying opportunities for efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
- Drives implementation of standard processes, procedures and tools. Includes creating implementation plan, adherence to schedule and budget.
- Analyzes data to understand root causes and drivers and identify best practices and improvement opportunities in processes and procedures.
- Creates standard reports that are accessible to key stakeholders via a central location, either on demand and/or via distribution.
- Provides ad hoc analyses to key stakeholders.
- Proactively analyzes data to identify trends, determine best practices and perform root cause analysis.
- Identifies analyses and reporting gaps and fills them; builds collaborative relationships with key stakeholders to ensure accuracy and promote buy-in.
- Builds collaborative relationships across multiple disciplines, regions, divisions and corporate to drive results
- May serve as division lead for analytics, reporting & tool implementation, including assisting PMO, trial, deployment, support etc.
- Ensures thorough communication and ADKAR of all changes for full adoption
Core Responsibilities :
- Monitors technical and engineering progress to ensure strategies, goals, and objectives are met. Communicates changes to all affected personnel.
- Ensures effective implementation of the department budget. Prepares financial statements and monthly forecasts and reports them to management.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly financial performance and makes recommendations.
- Monitors capital and operating expenditures and makes recommendations as necessary.
- Manages and forecasts resource needs to meet departmental objectives. Recommends action plans or solutions to management.
- Ensures that all regional technical performance complies with industry and Company technical requirements.
- Applies industry standards in daily operations and ensures that they are consistently met and that technical operations comply with system, region and OSHA safety programs.
- Develops, trains, mentors, and motivates staff members in accordance with best practices and procedures developed by management.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level-Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study-Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience-Years' Experience-Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
- Ability to document, develop and streamline processes
- Project management skills
- Understanding of capital budgets
- Intermediate to expert SQL & Oracle experience required
- Intermediate to expert Tableau and SSRS experience
- Team player
- ADKAR experience and certification desired, but not required
- Proficient with MS Office; Visio desired
- Experience with process engineering, six sigma and/or lean technologies a plus
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer