Comcast Director, Security Operations in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for directing and managing physical security operations throughout the Division. Develops, Designs, coordinates, and implements technological and architectural solutions to protect Division assets (including property and people). Responsible for identifying and evaluating physical security deficiencies and vulnerabilities. Responsible for start-to-end project management, including capital management, vendor management, operating expense, periodic budgeting, logistics, and execution.
Military Experience Welcomed!
- Develop and implement a Division wide Security Risk Management program-evaluating operational security deficiencies and vulnerabilities and providing solutions to mitigate and manage the identified risks for existing business operations and future business operations Division wide
- Overseas and Manages large-scale Division and Regional physical security projects and strategic initiatives that align with Division and Cable HQ strategies
- Lead and collaborate with Area and Regional Security Leaders to plan, organize, control and direct an efficient and reliable process for ensuring the safety and security of all personnel, resources and assets through operational security practices
- Determines operational security objectives and solutions, and in turn implements plans for the equipment and processes that support the goals of the Security Team and West Division.
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of existing operational security practices, recommend the type of control requirements, procedures, and facilities needed
- Leads cross-function teams with other departments and with Cable HQ partners to find solutions for unique problems, to manage projects, and to facilitate support and maintenance for security systems.
- Selects and manages vendor relationships (via RFP process, if applicable) for the installation and commissioning of the systems in individual and multi-site capital projects and ensures a standard performance via scorecard periodic.
- Manage internal and external audits to assure that organizational personnel are adhering to established policy and practices and recommend appropriate action to correct deficiencies
- Develops and submits ideas and concepts to leverage traditional security equipment to support other department's non-security related goals, such as PACS system, security cameras, Intrusion Alarm Systems and contract security guards used to safeguard and secure company assets.
- Stays current on new physical security technologies and tests and evaluates innovative solutions to resolve operational and security issues.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and imparts physical security knowledge to inter- and intra-department employees through presentations and by creating and distributing on-line aids and distance learning tools.
- Oversees and manages functional leader who owns Division wide incident response, crisis management and business continuity strategies and operations
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, standards, training and methods for identifying and protecting information, personnel, property, facilities, operations or material from unauthorized disclosure, misuse, theft, assault, vandalism, tampering, sabotage or loss.
- Plans, develops, coordinates and oversees all investigations relating to criminal or other acts which have or may have detrimental effect on the company. Prepares and documents investigations for HR, legal counsel or law enforcement agencies.
- Provides leadership direction to security staff and consults with senior management to ensure the safety of all employees.
- Researches and implements best in class security practices. Sets the vision and direction for the development of department budgets and forecasts.
- Contributes to the operation and management of the department in areas such as recruiting, staffing, scheduling, budgeting, training, etc.
- Develops and maintains a professional working relationship with various law enforcement agencies. Often acts as a primary point-of-contact with law enforcement in cases involving employees or customers.
- Works flexible hours and is available on call 24/7 as situations warrant.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Generally requires 10 years related experience
- At least 5 years of experience working with security system design.
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with applicable standards, ordinances, laws, and regulations.
- Knowledge of the security industry and threats to assets and people.
- Knowledge of architectural and construction concepts and processes.
- Experience with analog and IP CCTV systems.
- Knowledge of IT network technology and architecture.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, vendor management, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts, prices, resolving service issues and reconciling differences.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer