Freddie Mac I&CM Operations Assoc in Carrollton, Texas
Full Time/Part Time:
Responsible for all clearance / settlement / investigations along with trade processing of customer and firm international and domestic securities transactions. Specific functions vary by product but the general responsibilities for staff in this area may include the following: order processing from trading desks and branch offices; affirm settlement instructions input for timely and efficient processing; P&S functions (Purchase & Sales of Securities); trade input and verification; processing of incoming/outgoing wires; research and resolution of reclaims and problem transactions; comparison and correction of all trades; maintenance and balancing of all blotters; researching and resolving trade processing and/or billing problems; cash management which includes daily balancing/reconciling with banks and clearing firms along with same-day corrections, additions and deletions to order files; management of buy-in and fail control processes; working with treasury and other operations groups in determining financing needs; acting as a liaison with sales and trading personnel, branch offices, and technology staff. Full use and application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques. Provides resolutions to an assortment of problems. Works under normal supervision. Follows established directions. Work is reviewed for accuracy of technical analysis and overall adequacy. Primarily intra-organizational with occasional inter-organizational and external customer contacts on routine matters. College Degree or equivalent experience; work towards advanced studies/degree preferred. Typically has 2 - 4 years related experience.
Freddie Mac’s Investment and Capital Markets Operations Department is currently seeking a Debt Analyst to join the team. The Analyst will be responsible for the confirmation, security set-up, and servicing of Debt trades.
Responsibilities may include:
• Accountability for debt trade confirmation, settlement, clearance and reconciliation activities
• Affirm settlement instructions input for timely and efficient processing
• Accountability for debt payments.
• Research and resolution of ad hoc issues and questions
• Comparison and correction of all debt trades
• Ability to prepare daily and weekly reports per Manager’s direction.
• Assisting with the reconciliation and payment of Debt related invoices
• Developing and maintaining industry knowledge on fixed income products.
• Acting as a liaison with trading personnel, legal, and technology staff
• Recommending changes to policies and procedures that affect immediate organization's operation
• Provide resources /recommendations to Management to help the team meet schedules and goals associated with objectives.
• Cross training into Derivative Operations and Security Master control related processes.
Work Location Zip Code:
Investments & Capital Markets
• At least 2-4 years of experience in Fixed Income operations or middle office.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired; advanced studies/degree preferred
• Basic understanding of corporate debt issuance and fixed income markets
• Strong ability to balance baseline activities and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience working with data and data mining, including Microsoft Excel and Access.
• Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
Work Location City:
• MBA or other relevant graduate degree or certification
• Direct experience working on a Debt Operations baseline.
• Ability to communicate effectively with trading personnel, technology staff, accounting, audit, and legal
• A proven self-starter with effective written and oral communication skills
• Ability to analyze current state, and recommend technology solutions for improvement
• Experience with industry developments, initiatives, and strategic direction
• Experience with the Aladdin trading system.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Work Location State:
Marketing & Communications