Dow Chemical Lead Packaging Operator in Carrollton (KY), Kentucky
The Dow Chemical Companyhas an exciting opportunity for a LeadPackaging OperatorinCarrollton, KY.
This position is key to maintaining a high level of safety, productivity, and profitability for the Carrollton packaging operation. The Packaging Operator will direct activities specific to their line of operation. The Operator is the line expert and coordinates resources to ensure maximum safety and productivity.
• Coordinate and adjust to staffing changes.
• Monitor for equipment and product upsets. Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Train employees as needed.
• Communicate production progress and issues.
• Forecast resource and material needs to maximize production.
• Must be flexible in work assignments. Capable of fulfilling all equipment operator roles.
• Capable of performing material movements in SAP.
• Housekeeping and 5S management of working areas.
• Documentation of production progress and issues.
• Operate fork truck.
• Ship and receive finished goods and packaging components.
• Manual down pack of bulk goods.
• 1 or more years of experience in a manufacturing role.
• Complete multiple tasks and see them through completion.
• Work independently, with excellent time management and judgment in prioritization skills.
• React rapidly to evolving issues and dynamic scheduling situations with utmost discretion.
• Collaborate effectively in team, department, or other work group situations.
• Travel domestically / internationally as required.
• Have a high regard for personal safety and the safety of others, with a proven history of addressing safety concerns and issues.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• Previous experience working in a Chemical Manufacturing environment.
• Previous experience as a Production Operator.
• Forklift experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications and SAP.
• High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Must be able to meet the following physical demands/requirements, with or without reasonable accommodations:
•Use of Foot Controls
•Lifting up to 100 lbs
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in 175 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture. In 2016, Dow had annual sales of $48 billion and employed approximately 56,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 7,000 product families are manufactured at 189 sites in 34 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at: www.dow.com.
•Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
•An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
•Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
•On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
•Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
•The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
•Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
•Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.
Lead Packaging Operator