Stryker Senior Operations Supervisor - Permanent in Carrigtwohill, Ireland
Requisition ID 24634BR
Job Title Senior Operations Supervisor - Permanent
Group Global Quality and Ops
Division SGS Manufacturing
Business Unit Ireland UK
Business Function Manufacturing and Production
Employment Category Full Time
Percent Travel Required None
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Job Description / Information
Leads Operational Excellence and complex change initiatives across the business. Mentors and develops Supervisors. Deputises for Operations Manager. May have responsibility for Production Area(s) and Team(s).
· Leads operations improvement projects and participates in site or campus operational initiatives.
· Under limited supervision, plans, conducts and supervises assignments.
· Reviews progress and evaluates results.
· Recommends changes in procedures and process improvements.
· Accountable for the maximisation of resources available to deliver outstanding results on all key performance metrics across the Business unit.
· Deputises for Operations Manager and represents the Business Unit/Value Stream at site and operation’s forums.
· May manage a number of production teams to meet customer requirements and deliver KPIs in Quality, Service, Cost and People Development.
· Participates in budget setting for the business unit.
· Drives a proactive and compliant approach to environmental, health and safety.
· Champions 6S process, standards, and objectives through coaching , mentoring and setting direction.
· Mentor and coach for Graduate(s) and Operations Supervisors. Inspires others by setting the standards, building trust and partnerships, collaborating and encouraging diverse perspectives always acting with integrity.
· Creates a positive employee relations environment and facilitates high engagement across a number of production teams and with cross functional teams.
- Provides timely feedback and review, and ensures all performance issues are dealt with in a constructive, fair and prompt manner. Ensures that all employees are treated with fairness and respect.
· All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Knowledge Skills
· Degree or Masters in Business, Production Management, Engineering or similar Discipline
· 7 years minimum experience in a manufacturing environment.
· 4 years minimum Supervisor experience.
· Supervises Production Team(s) or a number of indirect staff.
· Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of a production environment to the completion of complex assignments.
· Usually works with a minimum of supervision, conferring with leader on unusual matters.
· Demonstrated leadership aptitude to work with people and set direction as part of a cross functional team and across a large number of teams.
· Excellent knowledge & computer skills in MS Excel, Powerpoint & Word.
· Business acumen with an ability to deliver process improvement objectives.
· Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements, housekeeping, health and safety.
· Genuine interest in investing in people and facilitates individual and team engagement and development.
· Ability to coach, provide effective feedback and manage performance.
· Problem solving methodology experience required with process knowledge desirable.
· Can interpret and analyse information and translate into operation actions.
· Excellent Influencing and communication skills in a matrix organisation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability