The Mosaic Company Mine Operator in Carlsbad, New Mexico
Are you our next Mine Operator?
We are currently seeking a Mine Operator for our Carlsbad, NewMexico location.The Mine Operator will perform Mine Production duties within assigned work areas, and perform duties as assigned.
What will you do?
- These duties include (but are not limited to): Continuous miner, continuous haulage, ram-car, scoop, and roof bolter operation; conveyor belt work
- Assist maintenance and support crews
- Communicate and coordinate activities with co-workers and supervisors
- The candidate must be able to use the necessary equipment and tools to perform the job duties
What do you need for this role?
- Certified or able to be certified to operate continuous miner, continuous haulage, ramcar, scoop, roof bolter
- Underground mining experience is preferred but not required
- The candidate must be capable of identifying and correcting problems
- The candidate must be able to perform a variety of tasks, follow instructions, analyze, monitor, and learn new processes and procedures
- Candidate must be team oriented and willing to participate with regard to involvement in plant safety, environmental policies and procedures, production results, product quality and cost performance
- The candidate must possess the ability to learn safe, efficient operation of underground mining equipment
- Must be a self-starter and work with minimum supervision, and demonstrate a willingness to accept responsibility through initiative, leadership and team skills
- Must wear all personal protective equipment and follow all safety rules and regulations in accomplishing the job functions
- Candidate is also responsible for encouraging crew members’ compliance with all safety rules and regulations
- Valid Driver's License required
Physical work environment is frequently outdoors and exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 85 degrees Fahrenheit
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform other job functions.
- Must be able to safely perform the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Able to lift 50+ lbs. unassisted and regularly
- Frequent stopping, bending, walking, kneeling etc.
- May work in low height (48”) mining environment
- Must be able to read and write
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!
The Mosaic Company
As one of the world’s largest producers and marketers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients, Mosaic delivers value from mine to market. Driven by our mission to help the world grow the food it needs, our nearly 9,000 employees deliver about 20 million tonnes of crop nutrient and feed products each year to customers in approximately 40 countries.
We conduct our work with integrity and excellence, and we strive to be a thoughtful neighbor in each of our operating communities. We use our financial resources, expertise and innovative spirit to demonstrate our shared commitment to good corporate citizenship.
The Mosaic Company (NYSE:MOS) is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota.
At Mosaic, we believe success comes when we make smart choices about our stewardship of the environment, how we engage our people, and the way we manage our resources. We’re committed to maintaining a safe, healthy and respectful work environment for our workforce. And we’re dedicated to ensuring Mosaic is a place where people are proud to work and grow.
Mosaic is always looking for bright, passionate individuals who are motivated by our purpose, and who want to build their careers with a global leader in agriculture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, as well as meaningful career development opportunities.