Lockheed Martin Computer Operator Sr in Cape Canaveral, Florida
Lockheed Martin's Payload Launch Sites Support Services (PLSSS) Program provides all launch processing support functions for the Office of Space Launch (OSL). One of the program’s two primary operating locations is Cape Canaveral AFS, FL. Key elements of the PLSSS program scope include satellite launch processing, satellite transport operations, satellite propellant loading operations, and satellite processing facilities O&M, clean room operations, and safety and environmental services.
PLSSS is in search of a Computer Operator for Cape Canaveral to perform a range of functions in a 24/7 operations center to include monitoring and operation of access control systems, intrusion detection systems, and facility systems. Responsibilities will include:
• Routine configuration changes and audits. • Visitor control and badging functions, • Physical security inspections • Emergency communications and response • Security escorting • Other related duties and assignments as required.
This position will require the ability to work all shifts (1st, 2nd, 3rd Shifts) on 6 month assignments to any of the three 8-hour shifts as well as shifts that will occasionally exceed 8 hours.
Basic Qualifications • Able to monitor computer video displays and audible alarms, communicate status to owner/user, respond to facilities, document actions/directions, and perform a variety of tasks in accordance with established written procedures and verbal instructions
• Able to work all shifts and extended shifts in a 24/7 operations environment
• Able to sit or stand for periods of time, climb stairs/ladders, and lift packages
• Must be familiar with Windows-based computer operations
• Must be a United States citizen
• Must have a current Top Secret Clearance to start with ability to obtain an SSBI (TS/SCI w/Poly)
Desired skills • Experience with monitoring and operation of access control, intrusion detection, closed circuit television systems, and facility control systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook programs
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Cape Canaveral Florida