Katmai Data Entry Operator I (GTSS-E) (01151) in Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
Operates keyboard-controlled data entry devices such as a computer, key-operated magnetic tape, or disc encoder to transcribe data into a format suitable for computer processing. Problems such as erroneous items and codes, or missing information are resolved at the supervisory level. Work is routine and repetitive.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003 - 2(i).
- Works under close supervision and follows specific procedures or detailed instructions.
- Works from various standardized source documents that have been coded and requires little or no selecting, coding or interpreting of data.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in data entry on Simulation & Training systems.
Associates degree in an applied science. In lieu of degree, relevant work experience may be substituted on a year for year basis.
- Requires skill in operating an alphanumeric keyboard.
- Understanding of transcribing procedures and relevant data entry equipment.
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Flexibility in scheduling work hours and available for occasional travel.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license, and be insurable by the company’s insurance carrier.
- May be required to work extended workdays frequently. Overtime compensation established by local SCA regulations, if applicable.
Position consists of sitting for long periods of time, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and lifting boxes weighing up to 50 pounds. Frequently uses hands/fingers for handling, to work with such hand tools as wrenches, screwdrivers, wire cutters, pliers, and soldering irons. Seeing up close. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily performed in an office setting, but may also be performed in a maintenance facility as well as outdoors in military training areas. Work is often performed outdoors, in adverse conditions including inclement weather such as high humidity, heat, cold, high wind, rain, and various local conditions. Our mission is to train US Marines; therefore we work side by side with them in all climates and conditions.
Employee may be exposed to sharp objects and may be exposed to some heat, loud noise, chemicals, lead and vibration. Katmai strictly adheres to the Occupational Safety and Health Standards (OSHA) regulations. Use of personal protective equipment is mandatory if applicable. Employee will be exposed to a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
40 hours per week. May be required to work overtime hours as needed to complete assignment or project. May require flexible work schedule.
Job Location: US-NC-Camp Lejeune
Division: Katmai Information Technologies
Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: a non-Exempt