Katmai Computer Operator I (GTSS-E) in Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
Monitors and operates the control console of either a mainframe digital computer or a group of minicomputers, in accordance with operating instructions, to process data.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003 - 2(i).
- Studies operating instructions to determine equipment setup needed.
- Loads equipment with required items (tapes, cards, paper, etc.).
- Switches necessary auxiliary equipment into system;
- Diagnoses and corrects equipment malfunctions;
- Reviews error messages and makes corrections during operation or refers problems;
- Maintains operating record.
- Works under close supervision and is provided detailed written or oral guidance before and during assignments.
- Resolves common operating problems and may serve as an assistant operator working under close supervision or performing a portion of a more senior operator's work.
- Associates degree in an applied science. In lieu of degree, relevant work experience may be substituted on a year for year basis.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in computer operations on Simulation & Training systems.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license, and be insurable by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be exceedingly well organized, flexible.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to perform diverse duties under operating and deadline constraints.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Flexibility in scheduling work hours and available for occasional travel.
- May be required to work extended workdays frequently. Overtime compensation established by local SCA regulations, if applicable.
Position consists of sitting for long periods of time, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and lifting boxes weighing up to 50 pounds. Frequently uses hands/fingers for handling, to work with such hand tools as wrenches, screwdrivers, wire cutters, pliers, and soldering irons. Seeing up close. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily performed in an office setting, but may also be performed in a maintenance facility as well as outdoors in military training areas. Work is often performed outdoors, in adverse conditions including inclement weather such as high humidity, heat, cold, high wind, rain, and various local conditions. Our mission is to train US Marines; therefore we work side by side with them in all climates and conditions.
Employeemay be exposed to sharp objects and may be exposed to some heat, loud noise, chemicals, lead and vibration. Katmai strictly adheres to the Occupational Safety and Health Standards (OSHA) regulations. Use of personal protective equipment is mandatory if applicable. Employee will be exposed to a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
40 hours per week. May be required to work overtime hours as needed to complete assignment or project. May require flexible work schedule.
Job Location: US-NC-Camp Lejeune
Category: Computer/Information Technology
Division: Katmai Information Technologies
Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: a non-Exempt