Akamai Technologies, Inc. Senior Business Operations Analyst in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Senior Business Operations Analyst
Cambridge, United States
General & Administrative
Aug 04, 2017 Post Date
009712 Requisition #
About the Job:
The Senior Business Operations Analyst will be a member of the Division Finance & Operations team directly supporting the Senior Director of Sales Operations for the Media Division. The role is based at Akamai’s headquarters in Cambridge, MA, and will be focused on support for the Division’s sales operations cadence, including reporting and analytics, and business partnership with the Division Pre-Sales leadership team.
As a member of a newly formed team, this role holder will be at the forefront of helping to establish and professionalize operations and support a rapidly evolving sales operational cadence. He/she will be looked upon to gather data and perform ad hoc analyses at Divisional-level, develop and maintain Division-level sales reporting, drive actions and programs, and draw upon past experience to identify areas for support and improvement.
About the Team
The Sales Operations team:
• Manages the framework that turns sales strategy into an operational cadence
• Helps Sales leadership improve their understanding of operating results by providing timely and accurate business insight and analysis
• Identifies trends, risks, and opportunities and accurately forecasts the business
• Provides governance around commercial decisions and investment
• Manages the annual planning process, from go-to-market planning through the budgeting process, up to successful quota deployment
• Promotes sales excellence through business improvement, best practice adaption, and support across sales operations processes, and a variety of enablement activities.
• Develop and perform analysis using the Division’s newly introduced reporting in support of the Division’s new operational cadence.
• Work with the Senior Director of Sales Operations and collaborate effectively with other Finance & Operations teams to develop Division-level sales reporting, or maintain and enhance existing reporting.
• Provide accurate and timely reporting on the key metrics for the Division’s key customers to the Senior VP of Sales and the Senior Director of Sales Operations.
• Manage the Sales operations calendar, document actions, and drive deadlines and follow-ups.
• Demonstrate the ability to take initiative, collaborate with other teams, work with prescriptive guidelines, and prioritize time effectively to deliver high quality results in a timely manner.
• Perform ad-hoc financial analyses/reports and provide analytical or administrative support as needed.
• Act as a Sales Operations business partner to the pre-sales team, and work to ensure their alignment to Sales’ priorities.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree specializing in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Mathematics or Statistics. Master’s degree a plus
3+ years Advanced Excel skills including SQL (Pivot Tables/ SAS and PowerPoint.
6+ Experience in working in an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) environment - Oracle/Siebel Analytics and/or SalesForce.com.
3+ year of strong quantitative analysis skills, ability to provide data-backed analysis leveraging large amounts of data.
6+ years of experience in Sales Operations, Business Operations or Financial Analytics.
• Experience in both Finance and Operations functions.
• Communication: Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
• MBA or Equivalent Qualified by experience.
• Experience of working with cross-functional teams in an MNC environment.
• Experience in a project management or change environment
• "Self-starter" with the ability to self-motivate in a fast paced, deadline driven, environment, and able to handle ambiguity.
• Hands-on experience with large amounts of data and ability to multi-task.
• Experience in the high-tech industry a plus.
• Additional languages and/or international experience a plus.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai is the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, making the Internet business ready—fast, reliable, and secure—for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Akamai has offices around the world and operates the most pervasive, highly distributed CDN—with more than 200,000 servers in 110 or more countries—delivering up to 30% of all Web traffic. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/careers.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please click here.