Allen-Bailey Tag & Label Inc Composition Systems Operator (Caledonia) in Caledonia, New York
Allen-Bailey Tag & Label has a new job opening for a Composition Systems Operator (Full Benefits).
ABOUT THE COMPANY - Allen Bailey Tag & Label: http://www.abtl.com
With more than 100 years in the Print Industry, Allen-Bailey Tag & Label Inc. (a family and veteran owned company) differentiates itself by emphasizing the service they provide to their customers.
JOB TITLE: COMPOSITION SYSTEMS OPERATOR
WORK LOCATION: 3177 Lehigh Street, Caledonia, NY 14423.
WAGE: Will be based on experience.
SUMMARY of RESPONSIBILITIES: The Composition Systems Operator function is responsible for composition work as assigned, some of confidential nature, using wide of range of procedures. Will work with others within own department as well as with other departments.
1) Perform operation for cutting, platemaking and sticky-backing plates for production.
2) Pull repeats plates
3) File plates (tag and label).
4) Update dies and create specifications for new dies.
5) Perform typesetting, printing negatives, and arranging art layout.
6) Retrieve artwork from internet from customers.
7) Prepare and send proofs to customers for approval.
8) Perform plate making as needed.
9) Check return bags for changes to specifications and update/process as required.
10) Make box and carton labels when required.
11) Research plates and/or negatives for repeat orders.
12) File negatives for storage.
13) Update and file specification sheets as needed.
14) Mix chemistry for processor when needed.
15) Clean processor when needed.
16) Checks orders for Friday shipments.
17) Send out proof reminders on a weekly basis to sales force.
18) Assist with promotions for customer service and/or sales when needed.
19) Perform other duties as assigned.
Education Required: High School diploma or equivalent. Two years experience in a manufacturing environment desired, with a background in prepress.
Qualifications: Working knowledge of general production procedures, methods and terminology is required. Good analytical and oral and written communications skills; attention to detail; the ability to key data into a computer terminal accurately; and the ability to use a calculator are required. Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Quark Express. Mental and visual attention required as well as manual dexterity.
Physical Requirements: Factory environment. Ability to sit, stand, bend, walk, stoop, lift, push & pull. Shift work and occasional overtime may be required.
APPLICANTS are encouraged to fill out an application at their Headquarters location:
3177 Lehigh Street, Caledonia, NY 14423.
OTHER HIRING REQUIREMENTS: Drug Screening, Reference Check, and a physical exam will be required (only after a job offer and if required for the job opening).
ATTENTION VETERAN APPLICANTS: Please, email Dave Eley to confirm you are applying at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: LSRs - Please REFER all VETERAN APPLICANTS to Dave Eley (LVER - that posted this job) for the related OSOS JOB REFERRAL and/or PLACEMENT, and email related information to Dave as well. Thank You