Bechtel Corporation Financial Operations Accountant Job in Cairo, Egypt
Requisition ID: 190328
Internal Candidate Under Consideration: No
Relocation Authorized: None
Project No.: 00000
Requires practical application of technical accounting and financial practices and concepts beyond the mere adherence to detailed procedures and instructions. Applies standard procedures and requirements to routine transactions and recommends solutions to unusual problems.
Performs a variety of accounting tasks applying basic principles and concepts of accounting to a specific part of the accounting system within clearly defined assignments. Tasks provide direct exposure to accounting, financial or tax problems and requirements, and provide familiarization with corporate systems and procedures.
Occasionally, assignments call for use of judgment and resourcefulness to resolve problems where solutions are not obvious.
Requires demonstrated general knowledge of principles and techniques of accounting gained through specialized education and/or work experience.
General knowledge of basic business practices and fundamental business theories.
Basic knowledge of internal controls and the ability to develop and interpret accounting procedures and reports.
Skill in oral and written communication.
1. Maintains assigned segment of financial, accounting, timekeeping, or tax records.
2. Examines a variety of recording and reporting documents and summaries to verify accuracy and conformance with specific functional, corporate, contract, government, or professional accounting requirements.
1. Reconciles reports and financial data with other records on file. Points out less apparent inconsistencies and errors.
2. Prepares or reviews some moderately complex summary reports, financial statements or tax returns.
3. Reviews existing Controller system, identifies and recommends changes, assists in design, implementation and user training.
4. Analyzes accounting or financial data and problems. Prepares routine working papers, schedules, exhibits, and summaries. Indicating extent of examination. Presents and supports findings and recommendations
Bachelor Degree in Accounting or a related field and at 4 - 6 years of accounting experience
Basic skills in the areas of oral and written communications, project financial process controls, MS Office suite of applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook).
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and applicable accounting methods
Must be dependable, punctual, conscientious, and function well in a team environment
The ideal candidate will be flexible and adaptable and have the ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude and maintain composure under stress
The ideal candidate must be 'self-starter' capable of working independently, taking initiative identifying and resolving issues, managing workload, and handling correspondence
The ideal candidate must possess good organization skills, ability to provide constant attention to detail, and have ability to apply quality control over a heavy volume work with tight deadlines
Candidate is expected to maintain confidentiality of all information entrusted to the position
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.