M & T Bank Operations Manager II - 3DEYE in Buffalo, New York
Manage a records retention team by overseeing a staff 12 employees ensuring operational efficiency and targeted results are met. Provide operational, technical and functional expertise in work policies and procedures. Provide vendor management and oversight.
• Oversees a team providing secure storage, retention and internal customer support for servicing files and collateral for Residential Mortgage, Home Equity, Commercial and Business Banking loan files.
• Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for projects, acquisitions, and Audit and business partner inquiries.
• Responsible for the planning, leadership, problem resolution, analysis and reporting for the assigned department.
• Plans and implements new methods and procedures to make daily operations more efficient.
• Implements recommendations for department policy changes and creates new unit policy and procedures.
• Consults and communicates with operations staff.
• Contribute to strategic planning and short-term initiatives.
• Responsible for department contingency planning and regulatory compliance.
• Responsible for providing the lead on multiple projects at the department or division level.
• Support annual budget process and is financially accountable for department/unit.
• Exercise usual authority of manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations and terminations.
• Oversees training and development of direct reports.
• The position is responsible for the day to day and strategic direction of the department and requires knowledge of business, applicable regulations and affiliated technology.
• The incumbent must have the ability to plan, organize and supervise work of staff and produce results.
• The position works with uncertainty with discretionary solutions, possesses moderate risk to organization.
• Oversees a department of 12 employees.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree or in lieu of degree four to five years relevant experience
• Minimum four years operations experience
• Minimum four years supervisory/management experience
• Knowledge of applicable products, systems and workflows
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office
• Some knowledge of process improvement methodology and business process management techniques
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work individually as well as a member of a team
• Self-motivated, well-organized individual
• Ability to work under time constraints
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in support of various assignments
• Ability to function professionally at many different levels (clients, management, and peers)
• Strong interpersonal skills necessary for business partner relationships within and outside organization
• Ability to create, maintain and communicate operational- and management-level reporting
Ideal Qualifications Preferred:
• Master’s Degree
• Certified Records Management (CRM), or comparable, certification
• 5-10 Years of document management and custodial work history
• Knowledge of Commercial, Consumer and Residential lending and associated regulations
• Knowledge of bank strategic vision and mission with ability to link specific department/division mission
• Knowledge of bank-wide policies and procedures and responsible area
• Knowledge of software utilized in department
• Strong technical and organizational skills
• Vendor management experience
• Project management experience
• Budget / Financial planning experience
At M&T, we strive to be the best place our employees ever work, the best bank our customers ever do business with and the best investment our shareholders ever make. So when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. As a top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing regional banks in the country, we offer a wide range of performance based career development opportunities for talented professionals. And through our longstanding tradition of careful, conservative and consistent management and a strong commitment to the communities we serve, we continue to grow with a focus on the future.
M&T Bank Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M&T Bank Corporation does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 Visas. M&T Bank Corporation has policies and procedures in place to promote a drug free workplace.