Brady Worldwide, Inc. Machine Operator - 2nd Shift in Buffalo, New York
Machine Operator - 2nd Shift (P3694004172017)
Brady Corporation is a $1.23 billion dollar international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect premises, products and people. Brady has 90 locations in 29 countries.
Business Overview: Work Place Safety (WPS) Americas is a platform of Brady Corporation. WPS consists of workplace safety and compliance products, which include informational signs, tags, security, first aid supplies, material handling, asset identification, safety and facility identification and workplace regulatory products. These products are sold under multiple brands names such as: Emedco, Seton, Clement, Champion and Personnel Concepts; through catalog, telemarketing, and ecommerce. We serve customers in many industries including manufacturing, government, education, construction and utilities. We operate in New York, California, Illinois, as well as internationally in Mexico, Canada and the Philippines.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
This position requires the ability to design jobs and set-up and operate rotary engraving machinery assigned to the department, as well as the ability to train other team members on those machines. Individual must be able to read and understand work orders and process documentation to ensure that quality products are being run in the most efficient manner possible. Individual is responsible for the set-up and registration of rotary engraving on multiple machines. Individual is also responsible for meeting departments rates for quantity and quality of production in order to produce quality parts in a timely response to our customers' requirements. Individual would also be required to perform daily operator level maintenance on assigned machines and maintain their area through using exceptional house-keeping skills.
Minimum education requirement is a High School Diploma or equivalent. A minimum of 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
The most desirable candidate will have either an Associates Degree in a related technical field, or 1 years of experience in engraving manufacturing operations.
- Possess the ability to design jobs and set-up and run all engraving machines in the engraving department.
- Have strong attention to detail
- Understand and interpret all work orders entering the department
- Use work order information to engrave all orders
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize the workload based on the needs of internal customers
- Apply continuous improvement processes
- Effectively communicate with internal customers
- General use and knowledge of SAP systems
- Have strong computer skills
- Perform all tasks with a positive, customer focused attitude
- Ability to support area departments during down time
- Perform other tasks as described
- Maintain acceptable productivity levels
- Ensure established lead times are consistently met by following.
- Maintain an exemplary quality level.
- Safety and House Keeping requirements.
- Conduct everyday operations following safe procedures.
- Bring any unsafe conditions to the supervisor's attention immediately.
- Follow the personal protective equipment matrix.
- To perform this job successfully an individual needs to be able to perform each of the above listed essential duty requirements satisfactorily.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at EEOPost.pdf