Ericsson 2nd Level Operations Transmission in Bucharest, Romania
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people and society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles. They share a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
This Job Role is responsible for the coordination, management and execution of proactive and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support that the one offered by the 1st Level Operations for Transmission area. This shall ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Provide fault management on specific network nodes: point to point and point to multipoint microwave radio relays, SDH&DWDM; MUX, ATMÐ switches
- Perform preventive & corrective maintenance, problem management, acceptance and fault management and tracking
- Logging the performed activities in specifically ticketing tools
- Remote integration and configuration of transmissions network elements
- Working for on-call schedule and night time
- 2nd Level Assurance Support Activities
- 2nd Level Incident Management
- Problem Management
- System Administration
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- General knowledge of one or more of: microwave(P-P,PMP), SDH/DWDM/DSL/ATM/FR/IP/ETH architectures & network topologies & standards
- General knowledge of transmission physical mediums: optical fiber, coax, twisted pair, air
- General knowledge of data networking technologies is a plus
- General knowledge of Core or RAN protocols & technologies is a plus
- General knowledge of UNIX or LINUX operating systems is a plus
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Proven operating experience on NEC/Huawei RTN microwave, Huawei and Tellabs SDH is mandatory ( remote configuration, support, troubleshooting)
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical thinking
- Ability to work under stressful situations, meet tight deadlines and deliver services with high quality
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge sharing ability
- Service fulfillment
- Open minded
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || No Selection || Bucharest || IT
Req ID: 197913