Benson Industries, Inc. CAD Operator I in Britton, South Dakota
Truss Industry Production Systems
A subsidiary of MiTek® USA Inc.
Is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal - making our customers successful.
We are a seeking dynamic and motivated Full Time CAD Operator I with a varied job schedule throughout the week and weekends, to administer all CAD-enabled desktop computers to ensure their trouble-free operation by CAD users.
MiTek offers competitive salaries and benefits including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Personal Days, Life, Disability, 401(k) & Profit Sharing.
At MiTek CUSTOMERS and ASSOCIATES are always FIRST!
MiTek is an E-Verify, Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Prepare Part & Assembly Drawings for Production.
- Design Machinery Parts & Assemblies from sketches, concepts, or conversations.
- Create B.O.M. Lists.
- Manage File Storage.
- When necessary, assist in migration projects to newer versions of CAD applications.
- Administer all CAD-enabled desktop computers to ensure their trouble-free operation by CAD users.
- Install, configure, and initiate CAD software, related hardware, and any other corresponding IT assets.
- Establish service level agreements with CAD users, and provide on-call technical support for these users.
- Develop, disseminate, and enforce CAD standards in regards to layering, dimensioning, text annotations, and other aspects of CAD usage.
- Formulate and conduct training sessions and teaching materials for propagating CAD knowledge throughout the organization.
- Analyze current CAD application usage and plan for growth or increases in software licensing and network capacity.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Attendance in the office during normal business hours. Required Experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- *Education: *Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or computer science, and/or 6 years relevant work experience.
- *Experience: *At least 4 years direct experience administering and supporting CAD applications (i.e. AutoCAD, Inventor, and Revit).
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- *Computer Skills:*Proven experience in overseeing the development, implementation, and utilization of CAD software functions, including Sheet Sets, Dynamic Blocks, Plotting/ Publishing, Custom User Interface (CUI), etc.
- *Other Requirements: *Strong customer-service orientation. Proven problem solving/ trouble shooting ability. Ability to conduct research into application issues and products. Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language. Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail. Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Excellent understanding of the company’s business goals and objectives. Competency as a team leader and all aspects of employee management. Good project management skills. Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies. Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Tracking Code: 364-253
Job Location: Britton, South Dakota, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular