Agfa Corporation Operator-Converting in Branchburg, New Jersey
Agfa Corporation's plate manufacturing facility located in Branchburg, New Jersey produces thermal, visible light and chemistry-free digital plates that offer advanced solutions for different printing applications.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic team player to join our Converting team as an Operator. We are looking for the right person who is flexible, willing to learn multiple tasks and take on various assignments within the Converting department. and willing to work a 12 hour shift. Work schedule during a regular schedule would be 3 days one week and 4 days the other week.
• Bi-weekly Pay.
• Employees scheduled for the night shift are eligible for a 10% shift differential.
This is a full-time benefits eligible position. AGFA benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement and a 401k plan.
The Operator position is responsible for operating one (or more) work center(s) in accordance with the strict quality and productivity requirements for the system that the individual was assigned in a safe and efficient manner.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, high-energy individual who enjoys a challenge and is willing to learn. Key success factors are:
• Promptly, at start of shift, reviews work schedule, checks equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, and prepares for operations
• Insure the safety, quality and efficiency of the assigned equipment
• Make equipment adjustments and inspections as required to maintain production and quality standards
• Reports all non-standard conditions to the supervisor
• At end of shift, secures all equipment and machinery, and completes all required paperwork
• Performs other related production work as required, safely and work to standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
• Works to demanding production schedules and strict quality requirements
• Support continuous improvement and process reliability through involvement in APS teams. Assist in analysis of recurrent troubles or breakdowns and recommend improvements and cost savings ideas to supervision.
High School Diploma or equivalent; required.
Forklift Certification, preferred.
Experience working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred.
Previous demonstrated forklift experience preferred.
• Able to understand fractions, decimals and metric measurement system.
• Valid driver’s license required
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication / comprehension skills
• Comfortable understanding of Standard Operating Procedures(SOPs) & job safety analyses, pass tests for training comprehension and ability to effectively participate in Continuous Improvement Projects (CIPs)
Agfa Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Agfa is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail AccessAgfaJobs@agfa.com or call: 201-373-4010. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis."