Amazon.com Procurement Operations Manager in Brampton, Ontario
The location for this role is flexible and can be performed from any FC in Ontario with periodic travel required.
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
Our Procurement Operations Manager will work with the Procurement Operations team to manage the flow of non-inventory goods including warehouse supplies, office supplies, corrugate, safety equipment, tools, and material handling requests.
• Managing a team of 8-15 Procurement Operations professionals and Receiving support staff
• Manage complex supply chain management aspects of procurement within Amazon in support of Operations
Lead for Procurement within building and network project(s)
• Coordinating the demand identification, procurement, and inventory management of all non-merchandise items required for the operation of the Fulfillment Center
• Develop and utilize demand forecast models
• Establishing procurement order streams to match supply with demand on a JIT basis
• Working with Non Inventory Receivers and FC Management to manage storage, labor and flow through the dock and yard areas for Non-Inventory supplies
• Managing supplier relationships and performance to ensure timely deliveries and quality compliance
• Develop and utilize metrics to measure operational readiness and non inventory performance
• Manage contract compliance for key categories of spend and suppliers
• Administer and manage local/national contracts for supplies and service
• Resolving payment issues with vendors and accounts payable
• Partnering with internal customers to positively influence spending decisions
• Help manage and control Fixed Costs
• Develop and implement plans to achieve annual fixed and supply costs savings
• Interface across Procurement teams to implement best practices and consistency between buildings
• Issue and manage the Procure to Pay process: requisition, Purchase Orders and help manage Capital Authorization Requests (CAR)
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university preferably in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Finance, or Engineering
· 5+ years supply chain management experience (e.g. logistics, inventory turn management, forecasting, operations)
· Previous managerial experience in a fulfillment center/distribution center environment of hourly and salaried employees
· Supplier Relationship Management (e.g. SLA's management, performance/scorecarding)
· Advanced Analytics and advanced Excel skills
· ERP and procurement tools, including Oracle, Coupa and Ariba
· MBA preferred
· Supply Chain Management Certifications (e.g. CSCMP)
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, savings plan, restricted stock units, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
(Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation)
AMZR Req ID: 585781
External Company URL: www.amazon.com