Regional Municipality of Peel Manager Operations - Accessible Transportation in Brampton, Ontario
The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million residents and 88,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. Committed to service excellence, transparency in decision-making and responsible tax management, the Region delivers a wide range of municipal services that are customer-focused and cost-effective.
The Region of Peel has recently completed a Strategic Planning process that engaged our residents and stakeholders to answer one question: “What can you imagine for the future of Peel?” All the feedback received formed the path forward and the strategic direction for the Region over the next 20 years.
To learn more about the Region of Peel please visit our website or watch the Faces of Peel video to see how our employees impact the residents of Peel.
Manager, Accessible Transportation Operations
Public Works – Transportation
Do you have a passion for providing creative, innovative and forward thinking solutions?
Are you a leader who strives to coach, develop and support a high performing team of professionals?
Do you pride yourself on building and nurturing strong stakeholder relationships?
Are you customer focused and thrive in a team where collaboration, partnership and passion to excel are celebrated?
If yes, this role may be for you!
• You will be accountable to the Director of Accessible Transportation to ensure service levels are set and maintained in the most cost effective and efficient manner consistent with the Division’s Mission and Vision
• You will promote a service-oriented culture and provide leadership and direction to the Accessible Transportation operations and maintenance staff and contracted service providers
• You will promote teamwork and integration between internal and external stakeholders and participate in cross-functional initiatives
• You will ensure the delivery of safe, reliable and efficient specialized transit services provided by staff and contracted vendors is delivered in accordance with Regional and Provincial guidelines
• Provide functional direction, advice and guidance to develop the department’s organizational structure and departmental long and short term planning
• Develop Accessible Transportation policies, procedures, operations and performance improvement objectives
• Ensure processes, systems and resources are optimized to continuously improve productivity, cost effectiveness and service quality
• Ensure department adheres to Provincial Acts and regulations, municipal by-laws and Regional policies and procedures
• Direct, develop, monitor and forecast annual operating and capital budget for Accessible Transportation and related programs
• Respond to and resolve escalated client issues and respond to queries raised by members of Council
• Manage bargaining staff, coach and identify training and development needs to ensure staff development
• Represent the Region of Peel in Union grievances and negotiations and fostering strong labour relations
• Represent the Region of Peel and build partnerships with community agencies/groups, industry organizations and all levels of government
• Contract management and negotiation of complex special arrangements and agreements with service vendors for vehicle inspector program
• Direct and develop Accessible Transportation’s preventative maintenance program
• Research and analyze community, industry, technical and demographic trends and recommend and implement programs for new services based on findings
• Relevant post-secondary education combined with a minimum of five (5) years’ of related management/leadership experience
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered
• Experience within a transit environment will be considered an asset
• Supervisory skills to mentor and manage a team of professional, technical, administrative and front line staff in both a unionized and non-unionized environment
• Demonstrated experience managing complex, multi-phase projects across a wide range of programs and services
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Strong client service orientation to respond to needs of Accessible Transportation operations
• Demonstrated ability to execute strategic directions to achieve business objectives
• Previous experience with performance measurement and quality improvement initiatives
• Strong financial acumen
• Strong presentation and written communication skills
• Proven negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Organized with strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
Compensation: Band 10 - as per Non-union Salary Structure, plus comprehensive benefit package
Location: 2 Copper Road, Brampton
Hours of work: 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday, 35 hours/week
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
System ID: 2017-7219
Position Type and Status: Regular Full-time
Job Industry (Choose up to 3 industries) (EN): Government and Public Sector, Social Services, Transportation and Couriers
Career Level (EN): Management
Post End Date: 8/23/2017 11:59 PM
External Company Name: Regional Municipality of Peel