Amazon.com Operations Manager, Alexa Data Services in Boston, Massachusetts
The Alexa Data Services (ADS) team is seeking an Operations Manager to motivate and lead a team of Data Analysts processing spoken language data applied across multiple Amazon products and services.
The successful candidate will have a relentless desire to build a team culture, enhance productivity, and improve data quality and accuracy. The Operations Manager will directly manage Team Managers who in turn manage Data Analysts. This role will include: managing individual and team performance expectations and goals; provide individual coaching feedback sessions; maintaining and improving quality and throughput of data; and monitoring real-time productivity to meet weekly deliverables. You will also be responsible for working with third-party agencies and human resources to recruit team members, onboard new hires, and coordinate team training on workflows. The ideal candidate thrives on problem solving and has a passion for data, efficiency, and accuracy. You will implement solutions to drive quality and productivity while achieving real-time desired service levels. You will be responsible for analyzing and implementing solutions to challenging systemic issues. You will manage both people and processes:
• Manage operations on a day-to-day basis of 3-4 Team Managers who will manage 20 people each
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies and procedures; responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees, and engaging in effective conflict resolution.
• Assist in developing and implementing training programs to improve the quality and productivity of the team.
• Communicate policies to team members and follow up to ensure compliance and consistency, taking corrective action as necessary and documenting the issue and actions taken.
• Own and drive performance metrics with the team.
• Manage relationships with agencies and onsite HR to find qualified candidates under strict deadlines.
• Manage both on-site and remote team members as necessary to meet headcount demands.
• Adapt quickly to changing specifications and workflows.
• Track metrics around quality and productivity.
• Drive process improvements to enhance the operational efficiency of the team.
• Understand and effectively utilize resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures.
• Develop, analyze, and improve new strategies and procedures.
• Develop and achieve performance goals and objectives to achieve results.
• BA/BS degree or higher
• 2+ years relevant experience managing customer service associates, data annotators, or other operational teams
• Experience in understanding performance metrics and developing them, as required
• Experience working in cross-functional environment and responsible for driving organizational change using relevant data and business rationale
• Working knowledge of basic computer business applications such as MS Word and MS Excel, Outlook
• Strong oral (speaking, listening, interpretation) and written communication skills
• Have relentlessly high standards and passion for process improvement
• Strong technical analysis skills; you are someone who wants to dive into the numbers and seek to understand
• Possess a sense of urgency and an appreciation for working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Comfort with ambiguity; ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing environment
• Exposure to process improvement/quality control tools and methods, such as Six Sigma/Lean Processes
• Project Management Experience
• Exceptional skills in data manipulation and analysis
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
AMZR Req ID: 549441
External Company URL: www.amazon.com