ULTA Beauty Store Operations Manager- Omnichannel & Strategy in Bolingbrook, Illinois
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Store Operations Manager – Omni-Channel & Strategy is responsible for supporting the fluctuating needs of a growing organization through project management and strategic planning. The Store Operations Manager – Omni-Channel & Strategy leads cross-functional projects to improve processes and create standard operating procedures in order to achieve financial and operational excellence now and in the future. It also requires assessing future strategic processes that could be used to improve store operations. This position requires the aptitude to influence colleagues, peers, and Ulta Beauty’s Leadership team throughout the organization. The ideal candidate has exceptional verbal and written communication skills, a history of leading multiple projects simultaneously, and driving successful results in retail, operational, or service related industry.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
The Store Operations Manager – Omni-Channel & Strategy is a champion of Ulta Beauty’s mission, vision, and values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently through the following (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned):
- Influences accountability to plan, execute, and achieve objectives in order to implement programs and procedures that align with company strategy for growth and profit.
- Assists with analyzing potential future capabilities to determine how they fit into the enterprise and store operations strategic plans and determines the ROI related to those capabilities.
- Creates POC, RFPs and blueprints for new capabilities and plans and executes corresponding pilots.
- Monitors and coordinates Store Operations project prioritization and execution consistent with organizational strategic imperatives, while seamlessly shifting focuses to react to the changing needs of the business, without compromising quality.
- Identifies patterns and anticipates needs to the business that will drive performance.
- Develops, creates, and teaches operational best practices, tools, and resources for project management and execution.
- Provides timely and accurate reports that adhere to Ulta Beauty’s standards on project status to stakeholders.
Delivers quality solutions that meet the constraints of time, cost, and scope.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to launch new initiatives, and track and analyze performance.
- Leads project teams in defining project deliverables, milestones, resources, and schedule.
- Anticipates resource needs ahead of time and galvanizes resources to achieve desired results.
- Understands and anticipates the impacts of critical issues and mitigates or escalates as appropriate.
- Facilitates proactive change management to all levels of the organization impacted by project rollouts.
- Manages execution of large complex projects, project schedules, reporting variances along with planned corrective action.
- Leads project team in implementing and applying standard processes for change management, risk management, issues management, quality assurance, and project communications.
- Analyzes data to determine appropriate actions needed to optimize results.
- Assists in developing and documenting training materials.
- Coordinates with Store Design, Merchandising, Pricing, and Marketing teams to implement solutions that optimize use of store resources and process efficiencies to rollout and execute major initiatives.
- Maintains detailed records and prepares related reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree, or 5+ years of equivalent experience
- Previous work or educational experience with project management
- Demonstrated project management planning/execution skills with a record of leading projects to obtain tangible business results
- Cross functional leader of cross functional teams with diverse goals and responsibilities
- Expert level verbal and written communication skills
- Proven expert level organizational skills with the analytical ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and prioritize effectively
- Ability to quickly learn and understand business processes outside area of expertise
- Energy, enthusiasm, and drive to continuously and proactively manage a heavy workload
- Strong computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work a flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to travel, including overnight stays
*WORKING CONDITIONS *
- Normal office demands
- Visit stores to develop an understanding of the store experience and collaborate with field partners
Date Posted: 10/10/2017
Address: 1000 Remington Blvd
Category: Store Operations