Cigna Process Engineer- (TH&N) Operating Effectiveness - Provider Domain in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Reporting to the Total Health & Network (TH&N) Operating Effectiveness (OE) Provider Domain Director, this position will have accountability for delivering Business Process Engineering (BPE) services in direct support of the future state Provider Service and Engagement Model program. The Business Process Engineer will be an integral part of the TH&N Provider OE team.
The Provider Service and Engagement Model program is a long-term initiative that will look to solve the following:
• Align the Enterprise on our Provider Engagement strategy
• Holistically transform the Provider Service and Engagement Model
• Create service tiers that enable differentiated service experiences - especially for those providers who are most critical to our success
• Increase the level of service and ease of doing business for our core providers through evolved self-service and centralized services
• Organize the model around a localized/centralized construct focusing localized resources on high-value providers
• Iteratively deliver value to keep momentum and progress moving forward
The role will primarily focus on the BPE leadership and support of the critical future state Operating Model, which will include the following:
1. Working with our business partners from within the TH&N Provider organization and across other Provider touch points (e.g., Svc Ops, Contracting, Clinical) to align and build out an Enterprise Provider Service and Engagement Model construct
2. Specifically providing Process Engineering leadership by working with our business partners to review the holistic current state, design the future state operating model, identifying and realizing improvements, and driving the operationalization of the future state
3. Lead the business solution design / facilitate the design process with the customer perspective, provider perspective, technology view, and lay out in a view that shows E2E basis.
4. Determine where independent initiatives impact this work and where needed design process flows to interconnect
5. The ability to organize and move work forward on a large, complex and sometimes ambiguous environment
The Business Process Engineer is an individual contributor role reporting into Cigna's Total Health & Network Operating Effectiveness Organization. Incumbent will lead, facilitate, and drive business process engineering sessions for mid to large scale initiatives: creation of process maps, identification of metrics, identification of policy/procedure impacts and documentation/validation of business requirements; development and maintenance of cross-functional, matrixed relationships with business and IT, timely escalation of barriers to success along with identification of potential solutions, and providing concise and timely reporting tailored to appropriate stakeholder audiences.
• Lead, coordinate and partner with the business to design new / improved business processes which will align with future strategies
• Facilitate forecasting the business performance with the future state business design and contrast it to the current state
• Assesses impacts of and provides solutions/direction on strategic, enterprise and baseline opportunities from a cost, efficiency, effectiveness/value, contractual, legal and compliance standpoint; includes the compilation, analysis and identification of opportunities. Drives to consider all possibilities and moves beyond current thought processes.
• Assess the quantifiable and qualitative benefits that the business can obtain by moving from the current state business design to the future state business design
• Lead in the business solution design, by providing input to and validating technical design process model or initial operational process model, monitoring and reporting components, task and service implementations, work management, process start and control, event handling, integration components, staff assignment, user access and security components, and versioning approach.
• Responsible to show results - includes cost-savings, quality and service impacts for process improvements
• Develop and manage project plans through-out project lifecycle; includes prioritization, risk mitigation and monitoring progress.
• Identify and work to remove barriers that slow or prevent the successful attainment of defect reduction and quality goals that will lead to providing Cigna a competitive advantage
• Provides constant, ongoing communication to ensure barriers/obstacles to business process improvement are removed and necessary support is always provided;
• Deliver various reporting of activity and other significant attributes as requested.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with teammates and matrix partners.
• Continually strive to improve their own skills and competencies by demonstrating initiative to participate in ongoing coaching and training programs.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
• Demonstration in more advanced quality methods and tools, equivalent to a Six Sigma Black Belt and a Kaizen leader
• Has demonstrated knowledge in a wide range of group decision-making tools and facilitation techniques
• Has demonstrated knowledge in how to design effective scorecards and control mechanisms to leverage metrics and data for optimal business performance
• Has demonstrated knowledge in best practice methods/tools for strategy deployment
• Can apply current global best-practices related to Business Process Management/Engineering and how to keep abreast of new best practices as they arise
• Has developed cross-organizational value streams, showing E2E workflow and associated process data
Level of Leadership:
• Self-directed and capable of leading a team of professionals, either as a direct manager or as a cross organizational team leader, to drive quality improvement
• Works well with larger groups from a wider range of organizations, as well as reporting out to senior executives.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with teammates and matrix partners.
• Continually strive to improve their own skills and competencies by demonstrating initiative to participate in ongoing coaching programs
• At least 6 years experience in process design/development and translating changes into implementation and change management plans (DFSS and DMAIC preferred)
• Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of exp. required.
• Black Belt certification required
• Strong business acumen, with proven ability to leverage knowledge base to quickly come up to speed in new business areas and new types of projects
• Has proven results of building and creating new structures through the use of creativity and innovation management
• Ability and willingness to share knowledge and coach individuals w/ varying levels of experience. Demonstrated ability to drive results required.
• Detail oriented, with proven time management and organization skills (including the ability to engage in multiple tasks and meet deadlines/standards).
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, embracing change and helping others see it as an opportunity and able to stay focused on goals while adapting to change
• Comfortable with raising questions, issues, ideas or suggestions to co-workers of all levels across all organizations.
• Act with a sense of urgency to research questions or issues brought by the team. Identify the right parties or resources to resolve these issues (organizational agility). Follow up with these parties to drive resolution and provide on-going feedback to individual(s) who raised the question or issue.
• Be a positive role model and have the ability to work independently and in conjunction with co-workers of all levels.
• Excellent communication skills - verbal and written and training, along with excellent presentation skills.
· Ability to work in a matrix environment.
• Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office tools & Minitab.
• Some travel may be required (<10%)
US Candidates Only : Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. If you require a special accommodation, please visit our Careers website or contact us atSeeYourself@cigna.com.
Primary Location: Bloomfield-Connecticut
Other Locations: United States
Work Locations: 900 Cottage Grove Road Wilde Bloomfield 06152
Job: Bus Ops--Bus Proces & Proj Mgt
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting: Jul 7, 2017, 1:46:11 PM