First Transit, Inc. Fixed Route Operator in Binghamton, New York
Join the First Transit team and be a part of something great! Our drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation to thousands of people each day. First Transit’s commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you’ll love.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package with company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan
- Cutting-edge training
Bus Driver major responsibilities:
- Drive one of several different transit buses or vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Assure that fares are deposited into the fare box and dispense information
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
- Operate on-board computer fare boxes and destination signs.
Bus Driver requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a CDL Operator’s License
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned
- Prior bus experience a plus
- CDL- B with Passenger endorsement required
This position is part time 1 day a week on Tuesdays. It will require about 4 hours on another day for dumping and fueling. The ideal candidate will be someone who is retired or looking for part time work. Start time is at 8:15 and the day end anywhere between 12 and 13 hours on average.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.